Monday, June 16, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table

The  "Graduation is Over and It's Time To Get Back to Normal" Edition.......
 
 
 
 


Here is what was planned the last couple of weeks--


1.  Sloppy Joes, Rolls, Veggie
2.  Taco Salad
3.  Barbecue Chicken, Potato Salad
4.  Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Veggie
5.  Chicken Parmesan, Salad, Pasta or Bread
6.  Chicken and Mushroom Risotto, Veggie
7.  Broiled Salmon, Veggie, Coleslaw
8.  French Bread Pizza, Salad
9.  Ginger Garlic Shrimp Stir-fry(leftover)
10.  Breakfast for Dinner
11.  Scallops and Shrimp en Croute, Veggie
12.  Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw or Veggie
13.  Hot Sausage and Spaghetti, Veggie
14.  London Broil, Fettuccine w/Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
15.  Pizza, Salad

And here is what happened the last 15 days--


1.  Sloppy Joes, Rolls, Veggie
2.  Taco Salad
3.  Barbecue Chicken, Potato Salad
4.  Leftovers
5.  Chicken Parmesan, Salad, Pasta or Bread
6.  Leftovers
7.  Ginger Garlic Shrimp Stir-fry(leftover)
8.  French Bread Pizza, Salad
9.  Breakfast for Dinner
10.  Italian Sausage Sandwiches, Green Beans
11.  Beef Stroganoff, Mushroom Risotto, Broccoli
12.  Chinese out
13.  Pizza, Salad
14.  Party foods, fruit, raw veggies and dip, BBQ sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, spare ribs, beans, deviled eggs, macaroni salad, cake, brownies, ice cream
15.  Leftover Chinese food or Beef Stroganoff

The hot Sausage & Spaghetti, Scallops & Shrimp en croute, the London Broil & Fettuccine, and Broiled Salmon didn't happen yet, so those go onto the next 15 days of menus.


As for the food spending update......I have spent $220.73 on $336.55 worth of groceries in June so far.  This counts all the party food(including the cake)and except whatever Hubs spent on 2 bags of ice for the coolers, since he didn't give me the receipt yet. 8-P

Considering all the party spending I did(we fed 12 people that day) and the extra eaters for dinners last week, I am still on track for a $400 grocery budget month here.
This thrills me!
Yes, I am easily amused.......
 
 
Here is my list of meals for the second half of June.----

16.  Broiled Salmon, Veggie, Cole Slaw(leftover)
17.  Leftover Beef Stroganoff & Mushroom Risotto, Roasted Cauliflower
18.  Hot Italian Sausage and Spaghetti, Salad
19.  Leftover Burgers and other leftover party foods
20.  French Bread Pizza, Salad
21.  Scallops and Shrimp en Croute, Veggie
22.  Pork Chops, Sautéed Cabbage, Macaroni Salad(leftover)
23.  BLT Sandwiches or Cheesesteaks-Diner's Choice
24.  Battered Fish Portions, leftover party food side dishes
25.  Pulled Pork Sandwiches(leftover), Coleslaw or Veggie
26.  Dinner out with #1Son
27.  Lasagna, Salad
28.  Burritos, Salad
29.  London Broil, Fettuccine w/Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
30.  Wild Card meal-not planned

We also have enough fresh fruit and dessert items to last the rest of this week and I'll pick up some more fresh fruit next week to finish off June.
 
What I need to purchase for these meals?....... salad greens and fresh fruits for the 3rd week of June meals, pastry shells, and milk.  I have everything else here already either in the pantry, fridge or freezer.
The leftover barbecue I smoked will be put into the freezer and taken out when #1 Son comes to visit, as he requested that to eat and I don't want to have to spend an entire day smoking meat again this month.
I could also do chili if #1 Son wants that during his stay without having to buy anything.

If I can stick to this set of meals it should go a long way in clearing out our freezer, except for the chicken breasts I stocked up on earlier this month.

I want to stay at $80 or less in groceries for the rest of June.
That would give me a $300 food spending month.
With a $500+ month in May, keeping it $300 or less would be grand.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Do you make a menu and how flexible is your plan?
 

Sluggy

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, did you recently start doing 15 day menus?! I must've missed it, if not. This week, I will work on eating down whatever's on the fridge before I move. I think I have Italian Sausage, so if that's still there and it's not just my imagination, I'll have that with vegetables. Maybe I'll also buy a spaghetti squash to go with it.
    I would LIKE to start making menus once I move, but what's the point if it gets overturned once my mother returns? So no, no menus for me. I've just about given up. I just buy stuff on sale, and work on it from week to week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a chicken thawing, lots of salad greens and someone gave me a huge box of tomatoes. Every meal will have tomatoes, I suppose. I just found month-old or older feta cheese. Sliced tomatoes with feta cheese and fresh basil, covered with Italian dressing might just be a meal unto itself. Russian dressing is what I had on this first time, but Italian works. I will have bacon and scrambled eggs for dinner tonight, and the church dinner is Wednesday night. The chicken will be for Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Dinner for exbf and I will be from this chicken and frozen so I don't have to cook when he comes next week. He is at a week-long conference, so he won't be here to eat this week. I may make some blueberry jelly with frozen blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food food food food!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky you live far away becasue I would be eating at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made a menu -it's just me and I play it by ear though I do sorta plan on having certain foods handy. I stocked up on various spaghetti sauces earlier this year and am trying to eat those before re-stocking. I like the storebrand frozen turkey meatballs at the store near me so I have a bag of those I add to the sauce and make spaghetti and add some 25 mozzarella if I have it. I also keep eggs and try to have flour tortillas on hand for breakfast tacos since those are quick. I should plan something for Wed night since I'm off only that one night until next Monday and could use some meals for work so I'm not tempted to eat out. I usually stop by the store for fruit for work but trying to wait until Wed for that since I still have some pre-cut fruit left from a quilt sewin Sat night. that stuff goes south quick so will bring the rest to work tues night. I also have yogurt. I think I may look online for a good crockpot recipe and try that. Hoping brisket will go on sale for the holiday - saw a few good brisket recipes I'd like to try - can freeze the leftovers (hoping I can find a small brisket on sale since it's just me!)
    and I'm another who'd love to live at your house and eat!!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your menus sound so yummy. We have been eating super easy dinners and some take out this week as Hubby has been spending every day packing for our move. I think next week will be more of the same. He has cooked quite a bit out of our freezer so we don't have as much frozen stuff to move, so that is good. Budget?? We don't have a budget this month. We are too busy moving.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.