Monday, June 2, 2014

Food & Toiletries Spending.....May Update

 Onward to May's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for MAY 2014.

I have posted May's totals on the Total Grocery Savings for 2014 Page located HERE and have updated the Yearly Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in May.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Summary.

My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Pet Supplies, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 4(3 at home this month)& 1 dog. No kids under 18.
******************

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $21.16
Qs/Ads  $12.71
Value  $33.87
Savings  37.52%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $117.76
Qs/Ads  $43.05
Value  $160.81
Savings  26.77%
 
SHURSAVE STORES(small local independent affiliated stores)
OOP  $147.43
Qs/Ads  $93.93
Value  $241.36
Savings  38.91%

WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $238.28
Qs/Ads  $159.57
Value  $160.81
Savings  40.10%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Weis at 40.10%,  the Local Grocer at 38.91% and the Dollar General at 37.52%.  My WORST savings rate was at Maine Source at 26.77%.
I shopped at 4 different stores this past month.


TOTAL Out of Pocket........$524.63
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$309.26
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$833.89
TOTAL Savings of...................................37.08%

This closes out the May food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....

I went into May wanting to trim the spending to around $300.
Not.
Even.
Close.
LOLZ

Actually though I spent $333.20 for May through the 30th when we got home.  If I had waited until Sunday the 1st of June to do grocery shopping, instead of going out on Saturday the 31st of May, I would have been close.

Technically everything I bought on Saturday was for eating in June so the last $191.43 I spent in May should go on my June spending sheet, right?  8-)

I'll leave it on May's and try to stay under $400 for the rest of June.



LOOKING AHEAD TO JUNE......

Well we have a graduation party to throw and then #1 Son and his GF are coming to visit for a week at the end of June. 
So much for staying under $300 this month! lolz

 
If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

Total spend on food/toiletries so far this year.....$2,036.09
The average monthly food/toiletries spending this year so far is $407.22.
We are over $400 per month average now.  I will get it back under $400 as soon as possible.

 
How much did you spend on food/toiletries in May?
Do you track your yearly food spending?
 
Sluggy

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.