Monday, June 2, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table


The  "I've Been Home 2 Days and I am Tired of Cooking Again" Edition.......
 
 
What I had in my hand in DC from 5 to 6 every day. 
 
I could get use to having a complimentary "Wine Happy Hour" every day from 5pm to 6pm and then go eat in a restaurant.


Here is what was planned last week--

I didn't have a plan.
We just played it by ear and used up stuff we had already.
Then I bought some things for #2 Son to eat while we were away.
Because of this I had food waste today.....the kid didn't eat the leftover asparagus while we were gone so it got pitched.

 
As for the food spending update......I have spent $524.63 on groceries in May.  I spent $191 and change on Saturday to get us to that total for May, but most of what I bought Saturday will be used for June's meals.

For the Summer I am changing up how I meal plan.
I will come up with meals but I am not going to assign each to a specific day.  Since I never know who is going to be home on a certain night to eat, I never know how much if anything will be left, meaning if leftovers will happen.  And some things I only make when #2 Son isn't home since he doesn't like/eat them and I never know when he is going to be eating at home these days.
Add in that I never know what bread products #2 Son will be bringing home from his job so I need to be flexible to plan those into the menu.
 
Here is my list of meals so far for June.----

1.  Sloppy Joes, Rolls, Veggie
2.  Taco Salad
3.  Barbecue Chicken, Potato Salad
4.  Beef Stroganoff, Rice, Veggie
5.  Chicken Parmesan, Salad, Pasta or Bread
6.  Chicken and Mushroom Risotto, Veggie
7.  Broiled Salmon, Veggie, Coleslaw
8.  French Bread Pizza, Salad
9.  Ginger Garlic Shrimp Stir-fry(leftover)
10.  Breakfast for Dinner
11.  Scallops and Shrimp en Croute, Veggie
12.  Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw or Veggie
13.  Hot Sausage and Spaghetti, Veggie
14.  London Broil, Fettuccine w/Sauce, Sugar Snap Peas
15.  Pizza, Salad

 
What I need to purchase for these meals?.......lettuce, cabbage, pastry shells, Parmigiano cheese, and milk.  I have everything else here already.  Between these 15 and leftovers from some of them, this list should get us through the month(besides when company is here this month).

I made the barbecue chicken last night and the sloppy joe is happening tonight(have ground beef that needs to be used or frozen).  Tomorrow will probably be the chicken parmesan(have fresh chicken to use or freeze) and the French bread pizza(using bread from #2 Son's job)on Wednesday.
That's as far as I am going to plan for the week.  ;-)

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Do you make a menu and how flexible is your plan?
 

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. Your list looks more like what I have in my head, but you cannot read my mind. I have the two chicken breasts from a hen I cooked, and a can of salmon. These will be about ten meals. There are always some fresh vegetables from the week before, languishing in the refrigerator, salad greens, and sweet potatoes. Now that the market is open about four blocks from me, I will probably shop there if I can walk enough to even walk from the parking across the road from the market. Plus, I buy the vegetables that are on sale, and I can price match at WM. A lot of that information I don't have so I cannot say what I have planned. Oh, I do have breakfast for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see...last night...catfish fry with steamed spinach.
    Tonight..peppered chicken (3 colors of bell peppers, onion, garlic, soy sauce, mushrooms, chicken).
    Tomorrow...Fish and Chips with Peas (NOT mashies).
    Wednesday...sandwiches prepared early since I have youth group.
    Thursday...picnic with caving club, so hot dogs, burgers
    Friday...Turkey tacos.
    Saturday...Gluten-free spaghetti, sauce with sausage, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, marinara, and maybe some rye garlic bread.

    Now I need to print this and post it on the fridge.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited a lot of website but I conceive this one has got something special in it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.