Sunday, October 17, 2010

Got Candy?......I Do & It Was Free Thanks to Rite-Aid!

After using up the 6 bags to make Trick-or-Treat Bags for the kids, I still needed candy to make more bags.
So I went up to Rite-Aid to see what I could do with some coupons, +Up Rewards and a free Gift Card.

First I returned the Udderly Smooth Lotion I had bought on Sunday as it was the wrong size AND we didn't get the +Ups deal on that product in this region anyway.  I got back $1.94(after sales tax) for that item which I hadn't paid anything for(with my Q overage on other items and my free-to-me gift card that I put any OOP amount on).
Then it was time to shop.....

6 x Bags of Chocolate on sale $2 each=$12.00
1 x Sucrets on sale=$2.99
1 x Vicks VapoSyrup on clearance=$3.49
7 x Sinful Colors Nail Polish on clearance $.99 each=$6.93
2 x Ooh La La! Nail Polish on clearance .25¢ each=$.50
SubTotal....$25.91

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $25 IPQ for registereing my wellness acct.=$5.00
2 x $1/3 Hershey's Candy Bags ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Reese's or Kit-Kat Candy Bags AdPerks/VV IPQ=$1.00
2 x $.50 off $5.00 Candy Purchase Wellness IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1.50 Vicks Product ManuQ=$1.50
1 x $2.00 any Vicks Vapo Product Flu Booklet Q=$2.00
Coupon Total....$12.50

$25.91-$12.50=$13.41
Used $13 in +Up Rewards....
$13.41-$13.00=$.41 + $.12 tax=$.53 OOP put on free Rite-Aid gift card
*Sometimes they charge me tax when I pay with Gift Cards and +Ups and sometimes they don't. 8-P
I qualified for a SCR on the Sucrets...$2.99.
I earned $12 in +Up Rewards(3 x $1 WYB 2 Bags of Chocolate, 9 x $1 Nail Polishes)=$12.00

Analysis--
The candy was needed for Halloween.  After Qs/+Ups received all 6 were free.
The Cough Syrup(Vicks) was also free after clearance sale and Qs.
The Sucrets were free after rebate.
All the Nail Polish was again, free after +Ups received.
I only needed the 7 $.99 ea. polishes to get over the $25 threshold to use the $5 off $25 Q(which made my candy bags free), but the 2 tiny polishes were only .25¢ ea. and still triggered a $1 +Up each.  Rite-Aid paid me $1.50 in +Ups to buy those thangs too so how could I refuse?lol


THIS TRIP Total Spent....$.53(put on free Rite-Aid gift card)
Value of Items....$52.15
SCR qualified for...$2.99
Gift Cards earned....$0.00
+Up Rewards earned...$12.00
+Up Rewards spent...$13.00

I lost $1 in +Ups but gained a $2.99 cash rebate so this transaction was a moneymaker when all is said and done.

I also figured into my Grand Totals the Manufacturer's Rebate on the NasoGel I bought earlier this week.  Not only was it a Free After SCRebate item at Rite-Aid but the Manufacturer has a direct rebate you can submit for on it.

GRAND TOTALS so far-October Rebate Period

Number of Transactions......11
Total Spent....$3.74 put on free Gift Cards/Certificates so ZERO OOP
Value of Items purchased....$518.66
SCR qualified for....$32.95
Other Cash....$1.94 cash refund
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....2 x $5.99NasoGel(Mfg. Rebates 1 for me/1 for BIL)=$11.98


So far this month, I've spent nothing out of pocket and I'm getting back $46.87 in cash and have $518.66 in products. 8-)

+UPS Totals for Oct. SCR Period
+Up Rewards carryover from last trip....$25.50
+Up Rewards spent....$13.00
+Up Rewards earned....$12.00
+Up Rewards left....$24.50


Check out my other Trips during the Oct. SCR qualifying period HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE.

Sluggy

1 comment:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.