Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Simplifying the Holidays...How to Get off the Santa Express


Do you dread the approaching of the Month of December?

Do you tense up and stress out over all the extra work that is expected of you during the Holidays?

Do your kids turn into Self-absorbed Robots at this time of year, demanding a neverending list of toys?

Maybe you need to consider stepping off of the Madison Avenue Christmas Express and start destressing, reducing and simplifying how you celebrate the Holidays!

That American Popular Culture Christmas Express train you are on, makes stops in the State of Exhaustion, the Land of Disappointment, and ends up delivering you right to The Poor House in January when those bills come rolling in.
Make this season the one where you change up the game and play it by Your Rules, not Madison Avenues!

I'm going to do a little series about Simplifying the Holidays.  Each Week I will post about some aspect of the Winter Holidays where you could make changes in your life and in how you celebrate this year.

If anyone has any thoughts, questions or some aspect of simplifying your holiday season you would like to see me cover, just leave your ideas in the comments and I'll work them in and address them in subsequent posts in this series.

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested in hearing what everyone has to say on this subject.

    We celebrate in a low-key fashion around here. Our typical Christmas is to watch Kat open a few gifts on Christmas morning, eat fun foods throughout the day, maybe spend small blocks of time with some of our family members, and then spend the rest of the day playing games, doing crafts or watching movies.

    With just a few exceptions, none of the adults on either side of our family exchange gifts and there is usually not a large family gathering, either. For some I suppose this would seem depressing. For us, it is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My holidays are pretty stress free, but I will be reading your series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gifts to nieces and nephews will be small and homemade. I don't know what plans there are yet... But I hope the BIG in law is not at my house this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.