Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween....Are You Ready?


Except for the string of pumpkin shaped lights framing the front porch, this is all we could muster up to greet the Trick-or-Treaters this evening.
My dying potted mums(gee, the purpled ones never even bloomed fully before the cold got them)and 2 'fake' light-up jack o'lanterns.

We are pathetic....

No one got the 'umph' this year to get a real live pumpkin and carve it.  The teens are at the age where they hardly care about this kind of thing anymore....the Daughter has to work and the #2 son just wants the "Halloween Loot"....perferably Twix bars.

But our lack of Halloweenie spirit won't deter all the little and not-so little hobgoblins in our neighborhood from darkening our door as soon as the sun dips below the horizon this year. 
You see, we have a "rep"....as in reputation around here.  We are on the list of "best houses to hit" for Trick-or-Treating.
That's because we give out BIG CANDY!
No little bite-sized pieces of candy or even worse, that generic stuff in the plain wrappers.
We give out full sized candy bars and full packs of gum.  And this year, we also have, for the lucky few, KING SIZED candy bars, thanks to Rite-Aid's candy deals.
We get hit early and hit up often for "loot" and often have to turn out the light because we run out before the parade of kids is done for the night.
I would go broke if I had to pay full retail price for all that candy!
Sigh....What I do to be popular for one night a year....lol

And when I got home from my trip to the farm on Thursday with eight pie pumpkins Hubs started stroking his chin and sizing them up as carving material.  I looked him in his beady eyes and told him these are not decorating gourds, so no one lays a piece of cutlery on these babies unless the end result is to make pie, so back off Michelangelo! 


Here's hoping that only the nice ghouls and goblins surround you this year.
Happy Halloween!

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! I love your pumpkins. Too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about the picture is the two little guys peeking out the storm door at you! I love it.

    Happy Halloween to you! I sure wish I was in your neck of the woods to get my full-sized candy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to go to your house! This was the first year that DJ didn't go trick or treating. It was a bit sad.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one trick or treater came by. I was not surprised, we rarely get any. We live in an apt. complex and there are plenty of kids that live here, but there are several churches in the area that have Halloween parties for the kids. They all go to those.

    Hubby will happily take care of the candy we have left over. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how did it go - lots of Trick or Treaters for all your great treats?? We shut off our lights and hid - LOL! There was a LOT of confusion here since some areas in Central PA started Thursday night, some Friday, some Saturday, and I think there might have been a couple townships that actually had H'ween last night (go figure)! So I didn't do anything so as to be able to not do anything every one of those four nights :)

    If I had candy around (esp. chocolate), I'd eat it. That would be very bad. So I try not to succumb to the call of RA free candy, although I still have a butterfinger free Q in my wallet just in case I need a filler!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.