Tuesday, October 26, 2010

About Yesterday.....



Thanks to everyone who slogged through my little Pity Party and left me some life affirming comments!
I didn't mean for it to be a cry for attention and the lovefest that ensued.
But hey!, I'll take it!!lol

I truly was thrilled to get so many responses....though not hopeful I would.
You see, I have this very Very bad habit of NOT responding to comments that are left on my blog.
It's one of my many Achilles Heels....if Achilles had been me, he would have been an octopus I have so many shortcoming 'heels.'  ;-)

Please believe me when I say it's not intentional, this ignoring of my Commentators.
I read   Every.  Single.   One.
Many I read over and over again for the boost it gives my over-inflated ego.
And some I want to copy onto large sheets of paper and plaster them on the wall next to my computer desk, so that when my ungrateful offspring give me sneers and eye rolls, I can point to these precious comments and say, "Well at least THESE people seem to LOVE me, even if you little Sonsabitches don't!"

("Sonsabitches" is a word coined by my rather colorful Grandmother.  Grandma swore like a longshoreman & that was the term of endearment she used to call us from an early age.  I am just carrying on a family tradition here.)

I also read the negative notes and do post them unless they are personal attacks.  And I ruminate even more over those.  Like most women I tend to take the bad things people say more seriously than the praise.
It's that ingrained inner negative dialogue thing.
I still have that tape recorder of put downs from my youth on loop running in my head, though most days I can put it on mute.
Geez....that makes me sound like some psycho, doesn't it?
Ignore that last part.

Sometimes I don't respond to comments too because well, I just get distracted by other stuff blowing up here.  When things calm down I can't remember what I was going to write so I just let it go....sigh....

I've made some notes on various things and I'll be making a few small changes when I get a chance during my copious free time in Teeny Tiny Town.
But remember....I am a Slugmama and nothing around here moves at anything approaching a fast pace, except for the free floating anxiety in the air, so don't look for massive remodeling anytime soon.
Heck, I've been trying to get the walls in my living room fixed and painted for what?.....10 YEARS now!!lol

Please feel free to leave comments anytime &/or email me(the addy is on my contact page).


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I apparently missed the post yesterday completely, somehow, and am headed back to read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back and read the post and hope you feel lots better today. We all love you just the way you are!

    (Is it weird that it does not bother me if someone says something bad about me and I don't have that weird loop from childhood putdowns? Does that mean I am self-assured or that my ego is just too danged big?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frances--self assured or big ego....Aren't they the same thing?lol
    You are lucky to have escaped the clenches of the negative message loop....but then again, maybe you had awesome parents. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID, and still do, have awesome parents! I need to thank them again.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.