Monday, October 11, 2010

Isn't It Always The Way.....

....when You (I) go offline for a few days(a week), that some tiny(earthshattering) deal comes along and you (I) don't get to appreciate(take advantage of) it?!?
Seriously.
It's always the way it goes, right?!

So I leave my coupons and my beloved Rite-Aid behind for a small little oceanfront getaway and THIS HAPPENS.....

Yes, I'm sure all you Rite-Aid-istas(not me) saw this unfold last week where 'mystery' $2 +Up Rewards were magically appearing on receipts that made your(not mine) candy purchases FREE after +Ups.
And I(not you) am down at the shore, with Rite-Aids lined up along the main drag there and NO internet access to find out about this deal until I(not you) got home late Thursday evening.

I tell ya, it was difficult to soldier on with my life knowing I missed some premio sugar scores with Trick-or-Treaters baring down on my front door in a few short weeks..... ;-)

I did hear that 1 lone variety of Skittles was still spitting out the Mystery +Ups on Saturday and I had 1 lone +Up that was expiring that evening so I forced myself to head over to my local Rite-Aid to check things out.

Here is what I brought home with my limited clipped/printed coupons.....

1 x Gallon of Milk=$3.28 
2 x Maxwell House Coffee on sale $2.99=$5.98*
2 x Nivea Lip Recovery Balm $2.39 with 20% wellness disc.=$4.78**
1 x Sally Hansen Nail Polish $2.99/$2.39 w/20% wellness disc.=$2.39***
2 x Candy Bags(1 Skittles/1 Jolly Ranchers) on sale $2.50=$5.00****
SubTotal....$21.43

Coupons Used
1 x $4 off $20 Wellness AdPerks/VV IPQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Maxwell House Coffee IPQ=$2.00
1 x $.50 of $5 Candy Purchase Wellness IPQ=$.50
Coupon Total....$6.50

$21.43-$6.50=$14.93 OOP
+Ups used.....$10, $2.50, $1, $1=$14.50
$14.93-$14.50=$.43 put on Rite-Aid Gift Card

+Ups earned....2x$1.99(Nivea), $1(2xCandy), 2x$1(Coffee), $2(Choc Club)=$8.98
SCR qualified for...$2(Sally Hansen)
So that's $10.98 back to me, against the $14.50 in +Ups I spent.

*After Qs and +Ups generated the Coffee cost me $.99 each. 
**The Nivea variety I bought was regularly priced $2.99, which was the sale price on the other varieties in the store.  Since I get 20% off the reg. price, these were $2.39 each and when they each generated a $1.99 +Up they cost me $.40 each after all the discounts.  I sure wish I had had some coupons for the Nivea but of course our region never gets Nivea ManuQs in the inserts. 8-(
***The nail polish was $2.39 after wellness 20% discount and earned a $2 SCR so it cost me $.39 in the end. 
****As for the candy bags.....there was 1 lone Crazy Cores variety of Skittles in the store so I picked that up along with the Jolly Ranchers.  As the cashier rang the CC Skittles up, he noticed the bag was opened.  I didn't want to have to run to the back of the store for another bag of candy(hehehe) so I told him to use that opened bag to ring it up and I'd go back and get a replacement bag after we finished the transaction.  I also said that was the only bag of that variety so I'd have to get a reg. Skittles bag instead, which was on sale for the same price/deal.  So the 2 bags gave me the $1 +Ups and the CC Skittles bag he scanned generated a $2 "Mystery" +Up.  In the end I got $3 in +Ups for the 2 bags so both bags cost me $1.50 or $.75 each after Q and +Ups received.

Coffee...$1.98
Milk...$3.28
Nivea...$.80
Nail Color...$.40
Candy...$1.50
$7.96 left after Qs/+Ups used-$4 AdPerk Q on $20 order=$3.96 is what everything "cost" me in gift cards/+Ups.


THIS TRIP Total Spent....$.43(put on free Rite-Aid gift card)
Value of Items....$30.61
SCR qualified for...$2.00(Nail Polish)
Gift Cards earned....$0.00
+Up Rewards earned...$10.98
+Up Rewards spent...$14.50
This trip was a net loss of $3.52 in +Ups but no money OOP.

GRAND TOTALS so far-October Rebate Period

Number of Transactions......6
Total Spent....$1.95 put on free Gift Cards/Certificates so ZERO OOP
Value of Items purchased....$222.86
SCR qualified for....$10.00
Other Cash....$0
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....$0

+UPS Totals for Oct. SCR Period
+Up Rewards carryover from last trip....$26.00
+Up Rewards spent....$14.50
+Up Rewards earned....$10.98
+Up Rewards left....$22.48

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I am still amazed! Too bad you missed out on the one deal tho. But your getaway was totally worth, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Did you drink the milk on the way home or do you only get half full gallons in your state? LOL
    We have a Jewel deal running and I can't stay out of the store. This morning I got 9 cans of soup, 2 cards and 3 bananas for $.75 and it gave me my $10 cat back. I've run the deal probably 20 times and I'm not kidding. I had to rearrange the laundry room to try and find room for it. I knew you would love my deal!
    Have a great week and I hope you get over missing a deal soon. I hate that feeling too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. McVal--free candy.....alone time with Hubs....Hmmmm, that one's a tough call.lolol

    SonyaAnn--free soup huh? WTG! I still tons of soup from last fall's Acme deal(our SuperValu store)....I guess this means I should look for an Acme soup deal soon, huh?lol

    Our store has their annual Heinz ketchup Cat deal going and I've still got ketchup from it last year....I may have to pass on it. Are you shocked?lolol

    After you run out of laundry room shelves, I think Anna needs soup care packages....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. SonyaAnn--The half empty milk must be a state thing....lol Actually, I took the photo on Sunday night and bought the milk on Sat. night so you see how fast it disappears around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I thought you bought your milk from the same bottling company that packages my Diet Cokes :)
    I don't even want to think about some deals I may have missed while away. Onto bigger and better deals in the upcoming weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.