Saturday, January 16, 2010

What? Not a Rite-Aid Post?! Diving back into CVSing....

So I get an email the other week inviting me to take a CVS survey.  For a few minutes of my time and $5 in ECBs, I'm there!lol

I've been out of the CVS game since last fall.  I decided to use this $5 ECBs and the portion left on my CVS Gift Card to jump back into CVSing.



1/9/10 Transaction

1 x SoyJoy box=$6.00
Used the $5ECB.
$6.00-$5.00=$1.00 OOP  Put on a CVS gift card
Received $6 ECBs

These boxes of Soy Joy are in the Bonus Pack Aisle with all the other specials that are available until 2/14.

I had some All $2/1 Qs that were expiring the 10th that I wanted to use and CVS had All for $3.99 a bottle that week.  I was going to use those Qs at Rite-Aid(of course!lol)because I had a raincheck from when Rite-Aid had the All for $3.99 also, but everytime I go to Rite-Aid they either don't have any All or only 1 bottle.  So it was back into the store to use those Qs and get a few more things as well.


1/9/10 Part II Transaction
3 x All Detergent on sale $3.99=$11.97
2 x Oust Spray $3.99=$5.98
2 x Rubbermaid Containers $1.99BOGO=$1.99
2 x Bioluxe 'Poo and Conditioner BOGO=$9.99
1 x Chocolate Advent Calendar on clearance=$1.25 *Not Pictured*
SubTotal....$33.18

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $30 Purchase(the CVS/Medicare IPQ)=$5.00
3 x $2/1 All Detergent ManuQ=$6.00
1 x BOGO Oust Spray=$3.99
2 x $1/1 Rubbermaid Containers ManuQ=$2.00($.01 profit)
1 x $6 ECBs(soy joy)=$6.00

Coupon Total.....$22.99

$31.18-$22.99=$10.19+$.58tax=$10.77 OOP Put on CVS Gift Card
Received $6 ECBs(2x3 Oust).
So I used my $6 ECBs, got $6 more and used my $2 All Qs with nothing OOP.
And there is a Full Price Refund on the Bioluxe Conditioner, so I'll be getting $9.99 back on this purchase.

And for all you Compacters out there, yes, I totally did buy NEW PLASTIC containers here!
Ugh.
But they were FREE after Qs and we needed them.
Buying New Total for 2010.....2+$0OOP
Compacting.....0

This week the Sis-in-law wanted to go to CVS so off we went again this week.  I wanted to get some of the Bonus Pack Buys of the Nature's Bounty MyLife Vitamins.  The ones in the special aisle display are BOGO $9.99 for 2 Bottles.  I read somewhere online(frugalsuz.blogspot.com perhaps?)that Nature's Bounty has a website where you can get IPQs for their products by submitting codes off of bottles that you buy.  Since I have a TON of chewable Vitamin C plus other NB vitamins I bought at Rite-Aid(where else?lol)the past few months for basically free or $1 after coupons, I went online and fairly shortly I had enough points to redeem for some $5 off Nature's Bounty Qs...sweet!
So we were off to CVS.....

1/15/10 Transaction

2 x Your Life Vitamins BOGO=$9.99
1 x CVS Juice on sale=$2.50
1 x SoftSoap Hand Soap=$3.99
SubTotal....$16.48

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase=$5.00 *****
2 x $5/1 Nature's Bounty=$10.00
Coupon Total....$15.00

$16.48-$15.00=$1.48 OOP  Put on CVS Gift Card
Received $3ECBs(WYB 2 Nature's Bounty)& $2ECBs(WYB Bonus SoftSoap)=$5ECBs

*****
I didn't realize until I got home and went over my receipt that I didn't spend enough to use that $5 off $20 Coupon!
EEK!
I was thinking each Vitamin purchase counted.....total on those was $19.98 BEFORE the BOGO so with the juice and soap was over $20.
But that cashier never even said BOO about the situation....if she had I would have turned bright red and bought more.  I reallly wasn't trying to pull a fast one here.  For lack of a better phrase, My Bad.lol

I'm up to $11ECBs at this point.

I was over by that CVS again this morning, so I went back in for more Vitamins....this time I bought enough to use the $5 off Q.lol


1/16/10 Transaction

1 x Soy Joy bonus Days box=$6.00
4 x YourLife NB Vitamins BOGO@$9.99=$19.98
SubTotal=$25.98

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 CVS IPQ=$5.00
4 x $5/1 Nature's Bounty IPQ(from Rewards Program)=$20
Coupon Total....$25.00

$25.98-$25.00=$.98 OOP put on CVS Gift Card
Received $6 ECBS(3 for each 2 NB Vitamins), $6 ECBs(Soy Joy box)=$12 ECBs

Not having spent any ECBs, I am now up to $23 in ECBs and no OOP thanks to the Gift Card.

CVS Total for 2010....
OOP....$0.00($14.43 on GC)
Value of Items Bought....$164.32
ECBs Earned....$23.00
ECBs Spent....$0.00
Other Rebates on Purchases....$9.99


Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. Great job and what a perfect week for you to get back into shopping at CVS!! I'll be posting my Saturday trip tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Great shop!!! I plan to stop in at CVS tonight after work - nothing so exciting, tho. I have a $15 ECB printout from a different survey (I took that $5 one you did, too, but ended up not qualifying and getting $2ECB instead, which I spent last week) and at least another $5 ECBs from last week. So I'll be getting 6 of the Diet Pepsi 12-pks for $20, paying with all ECBs and getting $10ECB back. At least I'll be doing that if my rinky-dinky little CVS has 6 12-pks of Diet Pepsi left that aren't already expired. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.