Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nuts to You!....Part I.....Free Food after Rebate

I completed the Keep the Jingle in Your Holidays $10 Nabisco/Planters/etc. Rebate for BIL last week, so I was looking at a way to do it frugally for me now.  I have until the end of January to purchase the 10 products to send for this Rebate.

And then I saw while in Rite-Aid on Tuesday(and after reading on the COUPONS DEALS AND MORE Blog, that some of the Planters nuts were BOGO and the "NUTrition" cans were on sale for $3.49 each.  The best part was the BOGO nuts included Cashews.....drool.....
I love cashews and use them often in cooking so this peaked my interest!
Hmmmmm......

I think I can use these nuts on sale this week to do this $10 Rebate AND I'll spend OOP LESS than $10 to do it!

So here is what I bought Wednesday to start my plan....



2 x Planters Cashews on sale BOGO=$5.99  2 cans down/8 to go
1 x Listerine on sale=$3.50
2 x Got2B Hair stuff on sale BOGO=$6.49
1 x M5Magnum Razor Cartridges on sale=$5.00
SubTotal....$20.98

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 AdPerks Rite-Aid IPQ=$5.00
1 x $1/2 Planters Nuts ManuQ=$1.00
2 x $.50/1 any Snack Item Wellness IPQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Listerine ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 any Oral Care Item Wellness IPQ=$1.00
2 x $3/1 Got2B Item AdPerks IPQ=$6.00
1 x $3/1 Magnum Cartridge ManuQ inside previous razor purchase package=$3.00
1 x $1/1 Magnum Cartridge Rite-Aid In-Ad Q=$1.00
1 x $1/1 any Shaving Item Wellness CRT printed Q=$1.00
Coupon Total.....$20.00

$20.98-$20.00=$.98+$.6 tax=$1.04 OOP
(Not sure what kicked up the 6¢ in tax here.)

SCRebates qualified for.....
$3 Listerine

So I got 2 cans of nuts under my rebate belt and Rite-Aid is paying me $1.94 to take all this stuff(after the rebate) so NO OOP toward the $10 rebate.

Stay tuned for the next installment coming later today....

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.