Monday, January 4, 2010

OUCH! It Hurts!


Daughter had 2 of her wisdom teeth removed this morning.  The Orthodontist wanted all 4 removed but the uppers weren't descended enough not to cause a possible problem removing them, as they were so close to her sinus cavity.

So we are starting 2010 with a $1175.00 Oral Surgery bill. 8-(
And at some point in the future, we get to do this all over again for the other 2 teeth....sigh....

Though my checkbook is feeling a bit poorer, Daughter is feeling fine at the moment as she has a prescription for Vicodin and Strawberry milkshakes as far as the eye can see.
Needless to say I haven't done much else today besides chauffer to the dr. and back, run for meds and shakes, prepare jellos in an assortment of flavors and make appropriate "you poor thing" noises at her.

I hope she either recovers quickly and WANTS to go back to school asap or she has enough pain, she wants the Vicodin and sleeps through the next 48 hours or so.
In the nursing department I am ok but that's with a cooperative patient.  Daughter does NOT fit the profile....lolol

I'm hoping to get around to posting my 2010 Hopes and Wishes, my Shopping Reports from late last week, and some other goodies I've been working on.
But that all will have to wait until later.  I need a nap and the rest of the family needs to eat so I've got to get hopping with other stuff.

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. hope she's feeling better soon! I remember getting all 4 out at once my frosh year in college, and wearing this stupid cloth tube thing filled with ice tied around my head (so the ice sat next to both cheeks) - my parents had a whoppin' good time teasing me about that... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.