Friday, March 6, 2009

Off to get me some Free Food!


I don't usually shop at my local Price Chopper Grocery Store. I have to go into 'the city' to get to them(it's a 5 minute ride!) and I find their prices are higher on average than the 2 Grocery Stores in my Teeny Tiny Town.
But they just opened a Brand New Store.....well, the building is new, the store isn't. They moved the PC out of the crime riddled old, dying shopping center by the mall, into a brand new, stand alone building. It was a move of about 1.5 miles.
So they have been running specials and nice store coupons. 2 weeks ago we got a home mailer with FREE coupons for salad dressing, steak sauce, tartar sauce and cheap ground beef, ice cream and something else I can't recall at the moment. It was worth going in that week.
So this week, on the regular sales flyer in the Sunday paper, we had an outer half page with TRIPLE VALUE COUPON Coupons. Meaning, you can put a regular manufacturer's coupons(up to $3 face value)with one of these Tripler Coupons to triple the value of your couple.
Nice, huh?
The caveat is you are limited to $3 of face value on the original coupone AND there is a limit of 2 of these Triplers per 'shopping family'. And you have to use a store loyalty card too.
Having bought 11 Sunday papers, I have 11 shopping trips to make to get 22 Triplers worth of free stuff. And the sale ends Saturday night, so I had better get crackin'!
I've spent an hour this morning pulling high value coupons and checking the PC ad for what's on special, to see what I can score for free.
There are also a few PC store coupons in the ad....99 cents 1lb. butter, $1.99 for 12-packs of Pepsi, 4 boxes of GM Cereals for $8 and some 7-Up deal. The butter doesn't require any additional purchase so I'll be stocking up on 11 lbs. of butter today for $10.89 total too!
And if they allow me to stack store Qs with MQs, I can score some free or almost free GM Cereals too!
I do need to find out about the coupon stacking at this store. I do know that they DO take Internet Printed Coupons, which I am thankful for, as neither of the grocery stores in my Teeny Tiny Town take! One is a major chain and the other is a regional chain. The major chain store has a Corporate website where you can print out Coupons.....but my particular store won't take them!
ARGH.
I really need to write one of my famout Complaint Letters to their Corporate HQ about this insanity.
So I am off to see what I can get. As long as my old legs hold out making all those trips from the parking lot to the store and back, I'll have some goodies to show in the next day or so.
With a $150 food budget this month, I really need to be all about the F-R-E-E!
Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.