Monday, March 9, 2009

Meal Plan Monday March 9th Edition

Since we are in the Limited Food Budget March, I am trying to use from the stockpile and keep new food purchases to a minimum. I have most everything on hand for this meal plan week, except the ground beef, asparagus and molasses(for the beans). Ground Beef, Asparagus, Cantaloupe, Ice Cream & Grapes are on sale this week so I'm putting them on the plan.
We didn't have the Fish meal and the Enchiladas happened on Friday instead of Thursday(scheduling conflict, hubby brought home Taco Bell for the kids), so there are a couple of repeats on this week's meal plan. We are burnt out on chicken after 3 chicken meals last week. No chicken this week.
On the keep the food waste down front, I declared a Cooking Moratorium for last weekend. Mom did NOT cook all weekend. Family was forced to eat Leftovers from the refridgerator. There was much gnashing of teeth over this plan.

But it was a success! We cleared out spaghetti, enchiladas, pot roast, taco salad & chinese takeout. The only leftover not eaten(chicken from BBQ Ckn & Enchiladas)was frozen for later use.

Here's what is on the Menu at Sluggy's house this week.

Monday-Kielbasa w/Onions & Peppers, Potato Salad, Broccoli


Tuesday-Quiche w/veggies, Salad


Wednesday-Fish, Rice, Squash Casserole


Thursday-Boston Baked Beans, Sweet Potato Biscuits w/Smithfield Ham


Friday-Pork Chops w/Apricot Glaze, Au Gratin Potatoes, Asparagus


Saturday-Chinese Lunch Buffet Out, Clam Chowder for lite dinner


Sunday-Beef Pie Casserole


Desserts for the Week-Cantaloupe, Grapes, Ice Cream, Choc. & Butterscotch Chip Cookies

I'll be posting a recipe for my Killer Boston Baked Beans in a day or two so check back to my blog on Wed. It's so tasty and filling. Even non-bean people like it.lol

Organizing Junkie is the home to Menu Plan Monday.
Go see what's on her and many other Home Cooks' Menus for the week at Organizing Junkie's website.


Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Ground beef, asparagus and molasses? Now, there's a combo I've never considered! :)

    You could always offer the kidlets the leftovers on the weekends and if they balk, just make soup out of them and claim it's all brand new food. My family will eat anything in soup as long as it as accompanied by corn bread or a hot loaf of homemade bread. It's all in the presentation!
    Damn, I am witty tonight. Must be the stupid time change. . . . .

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.