Monday, March 2, 2009

Food Budget and Low Spend on Food March

Hubby has always said I never do anything halfway. When I get 'into' something I jump in with both feet. The month of February was a blur of Couponing & Rebating for me. I am still wading through the mounds of grocery/drug store receipts but I know I waaaaay overspent stocking up on foods for the family at very good prices, in addition to my normal monthly grocery spending.

I am putting myself on a $150 grocery budget for what's left of the MONTH of March. Yes, I hit CVS AND Walgreen's on Sunday already this week, so I should have that out of my system for a few weeks now and can devote March to not spending & eating down on our stash of food.

I figure, with all the preserved, frozen, canned, boxed food I have stockpiled, we should only have to buy milk, some bread and maybe some fresh fruit & veggies sporadically to get through March. And we shouldn't need to buy any paper goods, cleaners or HBAs either this month. I am betting on $150 to cover the little we may need. Unless hubby runs through all his coffee, then all bets are off!lol

After I sit down and finish calculating the last 4 month's grocery totals in the morning, I can decide on a realistic monthly food budget for the rest of the year and post it.
Then I need to do a Menu Plan for the week, which I didn't get done on Sunday.
Sunday was one big mental block for me. Ugh

Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.