Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Counters & Sink Revealed!

As promised, here is the close-up of the new counter color/pattern.





And here is the photo of the countertops installed.



And I just love my new sink & faucet!



The sink is super deep and oversized. What was there before was a 2 small sink arrangement. You couldn't fit a sheet pan or large roaster/griddle/saute pan in the sink to clean it properly. I always ended up soaked with water trying to clean those items. It will be wonderful to actually stay dry when doing pots & pans by hand. I know some folks like having two sinks but I never have.

Our old faucet had been broken for almost a year. It was one of those cheapy lift the handle and swivel it to adjust the temperature one-handled type of faucets. Something had worn out internally that made it so you couldn't turn the water flow off by pushing down on the handle. You had to grab the base of the faucet and push down with some force to shut off the water. I had been doing that so long it feels strange to not have to 'wrassle'(southern redneck word for wrestle) with the faucet.lolol

And can you believe what they charge for a faucet anymore? Great GoogleyMoogley! Husband had to pick my jaw up off the Lowe's Warehouse Floor when we bought this one in January. It was almost $200....and that was a CHEAP model! Well, cheap for a 'not economy' value one. If I wanted to forego eating for a month, I could have bought the $600 model. Ack!

I have to give a shout out to the Installer, Dave. He was wonderful! It's rare you find someone who enjoys his work and goes the extra mile to take longer and do a job RIGHT and not just get it done quickly & haphazardly, so he can be off to the next job. He works freelance as well as contracting with Lowe's so if you are in Northeast PA and need countertop work, he's your man. Write me for his number.

Except for painting the blue tiles in the backsplash walls and fixing the ceiling damage from the Great Toilet Clog of 2007, I am finished with the kitchen fixups.
It's onward and upward to the next project on the list....the Master Bathroom redo.

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. And you know what else is good? Your faucet sticks up nice and high so you can get tall things under it. Good job picking out the right items! Don't you just love Lowe's? My Lowe's has the best people working there. They are so helpful, unlike that other orange store. Which I will never step foot in again.

    I stand by my assertion that the stainless steel, granite counters of today are the harvest gold and avocado of the future. Go with what you love and not what is on HGTV.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.