Saturday, October 4, 2014

Weekend Happenings


               Last year's church auction goodies.

Since I don't have to go up to Rite-Aid today, whatever will I do with myself this weekend?!

It's rainy so no outdoor projects or the garage will happen at least today.

Hubs and I will be going to that annual local church auction this afternoon.  It's a fundraiser we attend every year for going on 6 or 7 years.
It's our regular October Date.
I get to be with my Hubs, spend money, get an adrenalin rush and buy stuff for cheap....what more could I ask for?
8-)

I posted a video about what I won last year in this post HERE.
It's a way to get stuff you need or want for cheaper.....and it helps the church pay it's bills.

Then I really do need to get some sewing done......at least cut some things out.
I have picked out fabrics and have my patterns made so I'll get to it this weekend.
Maybe...... ;-)

I've got leftovers still so no cooking today.
I've already viewed next week's grocery ads and between my main 2 stores there are only 4 items I want/need to pick up.
Next week is not a great week for grocery shopping here....at least for me.

Sunday starts a new week for my meal planning so I've gotten a start on figuring that out already.
Will work more on it this weekend.

I also need to change over my closet to Fall/Winter clothing and put the dresses which I usually wear in the Summer away.  The weather took a nosedive last night and the temperatures dropped significantly here.....and it's October already!?!
I should also start in on packing for our trip to Ocean City as it's coming up very soon.

After last week's Rite-Aid orgy my stockpile could use some reorganizing as well.
And speaking of stockpiles.....I need to gather another box of goodies for a giveaway.

Plus I have 2 dozen more fabrics to list in my Etsy shop.

And I could go to Rite-Aid on Sunday, since the new ad/deals start then, and do a transaction.

And if Sunday is nice Hubs and I could go for a ride somewhere together.

See?  I have lots of activities to participate in this weekend.

Or maybe I'll just stay in my pjs and take a nap or two......

What's on your plate this weekend?
Anything thrilling or out of the ordinary, or just the same old, same old stuff?

Sluggy

 

4 comments:

  1. It is 11:40 am here. The Octoberfest is happening. But, people are walking for four blocks. I only live five blocks from the Festhall. I cannot walk four or five blocks. So, it looks like I will pencil in a nap today.

    It was in the mid 40s here. But, my getting out winter clothes consisted of getting a sweater over summer clothes. And, I do not want to give up sandals just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the auction - I hope you find tons of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a same-old, same-old weekend! After last weekend, I couldn't do another one like it for a while!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had a great weekend so far. I am loving this cooler weather, but it is really cool this morning. I am covered up in a blanket. Yesterday we went to several yard sales, which we enjoy so much and came home with several new to us items. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.