Well I never got around to going back to Rite-Aid again last week to do the Spend $10/Get $5 Food Deal.
WAS it $5?....maybe it was $3?!
I can't recall, it's so last week.....lol
I was SO bummed we didn't get the good Regional Ad here that I wanted to break up with my BFF Rite-Aid.
But it's a new week and I'm back.
Yes, I am a fickle BFF....
Here is what I brought home Monday evening.....
First the run down and then I'll chat a bit about it.
2 x Dove Shampoo on sale $3.50=$7.00
2 x Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus on sale $5.00=$10.00
2 x Zicam on clearance(asstd. prices)=$3.98
1 x Colgate toothpaste on sale=$2.99
2 x Fantasy Makers eyeliner glitter stuff on sale BOGO50=$4.48
1 x Thermacare heat pad on sale=$3.00
2 x $1/1 Dove Shampoo ManuQ(inserts)=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Dove Shampoo VV AdPerksQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Alka-Seltzer IPQ=$2.00
1 x $2/2 Alka-Seltzer CRT Rite-AidQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Zicam IPQ=$4.00
1 x 1/1 Colgate toothpaste ManuQ(inserts)=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Thermacare IPQ(coupons.com)=$1.00
1 x $3/1 Thermacare In-AdQ=$3.00
$31.45-$19.00=$12.45 + $.24tax=$12.69
I used $12 in +Up Rewards and put the .69¢ on my Rite-aid gift card.
I received back $23 in +Up Rewards ($2 WYB2 Dove, $5 WYB2 Alks-Seltzer, 2 x $4 Zicam, $2 Colgate, 2 x $3 Fantasy Makers).
I am "up" $11 in +Ups this transaction and I grew my +Ups from $16 to $27.
And here is how each deal went down....
* Dove Shampoo is 2 for $7. After 2 ManuQs and 2 VV AdPerkQs, I "spent" $1.00 for 2 bottles. Looking at my receipt now I may have screwed this up? The AdPerkQ says $2 off 2?....was it or was it $2 off 1 Dove 'Poo? Crap! I checked it was $2/2....oh well. I should have paid $1 after Qs and +Ups received, but instead I got paid $1 to buy 2 bottles of 'poo. I'll go in later this week and see about giving them back $2. Got to time this so a manager that knows me is there though....if I try to explain this to the new lady, she's going to think I am a nut job!lolol
* Alka-Seltzer is 2 for $10 this week and gives a $5 +Ups. There are $1/1 ManuQs from a few weeks ago and $1/1 IPQs if you didn't get them, plus some people got a receipt tape a couple of weeks ago for $2/2 Alka-Seltzers(I was among those.lol). So $10 for 2, subtract $4 in Qs, pay $6 and get a $5 +Up back, makes this .50¢ a box.
If you still have the Load2Card $3/2 Alka-Seltzer on your Wellness card(which will automatically deduct when you buy 2), this becomes a moneymaker deal.....You pay out $3 and get back a $5 +Up.
Sadly I have already used my Load2Card Alka-Seltzer Q. 8-(
* Zicam is on sale $8.99 this week and each purchase gives a $4 +Ups. If you luck out at your store and find the Zicam boxes that are clearanced(mine where in a basket near the front of the store filled with clearanced items), these 'should' also produce the $4 +Ups. One of my Zicam rang up $3.32(75%off)and the other rang up .66¢. I wasn't expecting that low of a price for some reason, and I think my inexperienced cashier hit something untoward to make that price register. But I am NOT complaining.lol I was happy to pay $6.64 for 2 and receive $8 in +Ups back but if the Rite-Aid gods feel I should pay $3.98 and receive $8 in +Ups back, so be it. ;-)
So look around your store for clearanced boxes of Zicam. One of mine was the mint spray and the other was the allergy swabs.
* Colgate toothpaste 4 oz. boxes on sale for $2.99. I used a $1/1 ManuQ, paid $1.99 and got a $2 +Ups back. Pretty straightforward deal. Limit of 2. Though I saw that you can do 2 Colgate items AND 2 Crest items that qualify for this deal. (Colgate toothbrushes and toothpaste qualify as do Crest clinical mouth rinse.) However, proceed with caution here as YMMV and/or Rite-Aid can change this up at any time.
* ThermaCare wraps....another simple Deal. On sale for $3, use $3/1 In-Ad Q and it's free. Buy other stuff with this item and use a $1/1 IPQ for ThermaCare wraps and it's a $1 moneymaker. These ThermaCare wraps will disappear quickly from the shelves but get a raincheck! Cut out the In-Ad Q and have the cashier staple it to the raincheck and Rite-Aid will honor that Q when the item comes into the store again, so you still get it for free!
* Fantasy Makers and the other 2 Halloween themed make-up stuff. The packages vary from $2.99 to $4.99(and maybe more but I didn't see any other prices at my store). Buy 2/Get 1 50%off. 2 at $2.99/$1.49=$4.48 and you get 2 x $3 +Ups back(Deal limit is 2 +Ups per card.), makes this a moneymaker. I got some glitter eyeliner stuff. If I ever go to a Disco Ball again, I am all set! lol
And now the Grand Total so far for October.....
Out Of Pocket....$0.00 cash
Value of items bought.....$111.23
Savings Rate of 100%
Single Check Rebate due....$0.00
Other Rebates due......$0.00
After SCR applied, Out of Pocket.... $0.00
Savings Rate 100%
+Ups at beginning of month...$25.98+