Monday, September 3, 2012

Food Spending August Week 4+ & Meal Planning September Week 1

*****************************

And here is the "meal plan" that actually happened last week.....


Sunday--Barbecue Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw
Monday--Taco Bell-after music lesson
Tuesday--Dinner Out-30th Anniversary Date night
Wednesday--Pork Chops, Saffron Rice, Broccoli
Thursday--Pizza
Friday--Subway
Saturday--Leftovers 
 
 
The weekly food spending was $87.96. $31.50 of that was Farm Stand produce(part of which was for canning purposes).  The other part was 1 trip to the local market for canned tomatoes stock-up, snacks and convenience foods for the kids, milk, OJ, ranch dressing and spices for the canning.  The store was clearancing out some Hot Pocket type snack thing for 50% off so I picked up all 4 boxes left for the kids for "emergency rations"....aka "when they have to make something themselves to eat".lol

I went over my August food budget by $85+.  A little too much snack foods, red peppers to stock the freezer for winter and for making relish, and a large meat stock-up are mostly to blame.

Going into the new week I have the following leftovers to use up.......2 portions of the lime citrus chicken which are being used tonight.


***********************

This week's menu.....
Sunday--Burgers, Dogs, Potato Salad, COC
Monday--Lime Chicken Fajitas
Tuesday--Alfredo Primavera, Caesar Salad
Wednesday--Roast Chicken, Stuffing, Cranberry Glop, Green Beans
Thursday--Stuffed Shells or Ravioli, Salad
Friday--Leftovers
Saturday--Chinese take-out
 
 
What I need to buy this week to serve this menu?.....tortillas, mushrooms, romaine lettuce, a chicken.  We also need milk, eggs, deli meat this week.  Using the 1 leftover item in tonight's dinner....I'll stretch it to feed 3 people by making Fajitas.  I will also be hitting up the bread outlet this week.  I'm figuring on spending about $50 this coming week.


So what are you cooking at your house this week?

Sluggy

4 comments:

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.