Monday, April 30, 2012

April Food Spending Week 4, Meal Plan May Week 1



No vintage kitchen today folks.  I have depleted my stash of them and have to seek out more.  Maybe next week....

Onward to the meal plans!
And here is the meal plan that actually happened last week.....
SUNDAY--Leftovers 
 MONDAY--Tacos or Taco Salad
TUESDAY--Beef Pie
WEDNESDAY--Eggplant Parmesan, Garlic Bread
THURSDAY--Leftovers
FRIDAY--Chinese Take-Out
SATURDAY--Burgers, Corn
I also made a Carrot Cake and a pan of Fudge with Nuts.
 
We ended up getting Take-Out one night, which wasn't on the plan.   4 nights of new meals and 2 nights of leftovers make for a week I am happy with.

The weekly food spending was $77.53 this past week.
There was my $29.04 trip to Weis I talked about HERE.  Hubs picked up sour cream, a head of lettuce and 2 bags of cheese during the week and spent $5.97.  I went to the local grocer on Saturday and spent $42.52 on Ginger-Ale, 12 packs of soda for #2 Son, Orange Juice, Whipped Cream, 3 lb. of Butter, Pie Shells, Milk, Taco Shells and more bags of Shredded Cheese.  I stocked up on Butter, OJ, Soda, Whipped Cream, Pasta, Napkins, Paper Towels & bags of Cheese. 

The bags of Cheese I bought this past week I used with the Jumbo Pasta Shells and Ricotta Cheese I had bought earlier in the month to make a large quantity of Stuffed Shells on Sunday.  I froze 54 on them and we had the rest for dinner on Sunday.  Figuring costs, each piece comes out to .25¢ counting the pasta sauce too, so approx. $1.00 per serving.
Value of food bought was at $135.53 so my savings rate was 42.80% for the week.
************************

In terms of leftovers, I'm going into this week with leftover Eggplant Parmesan(and 1 helping of Shells from Sunday). 

This week's menu.....

SUNDAY--Stuffed Shells
MONDAY--Chicken Fajitas
TUESDAY--Leftover Eggplant/Fajitas
WEDNESDAY--Pizza
THURSDAY--Taco Bell, Salad
FRIDAY--Fish, Rice, Veg.(Son can have leftover Shells)
SATURDAY--Hot Dogs, Corn
This menu gives us 5 new meals and 1 night of leftovers and 1 night of Take-Out.
Hubs won't be home for dinner 2 nights so we are doing easy one night and take-out the other night.
 
As for items I need to buy for this week....red bell pepper, mushrooms, hot dog rolls.
We'll be buying milk as usual, along with some fruit.

Stock-up prices this week for me are taco shells($1.25), apple juice(.99¢), bagged salad($1.99),green chiles($1.25).

With what I "need" this week and the stock-ups, I'll be spending around $80.

So what is everyone else eating this week?

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. We are trying to have 2 vegetarian meals this week (new goal of the month). And we also have some (very expensive) fillet mignon to celebrate my Hubby officially graduating this week. Otherwise, nothing else special this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, look! I actually have a meal plan this week. Wonder if I can stick to it...

    Sun: Fried chicken
    Mon: Shepherd's Pie made from leftover roast venison
    Tues: Venison fajitas
    Wed: Chicken Dumpling Bake made from leftover fried chicken
    Thurs: Pizza, toppings dependent on what's on hand
    Fri: Grilled venison kabobs
    Sat: Yet to be decided, but something with spicy pork sausage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roast chicken, chicken salad, chicken sandwiches. chicken dishes, cheese, salad greens, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, tuna--all in various combinations. Apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, peanut butter, honey, pecans, pistachios, whole wheat bread, Special K, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs.

    I know my eating plans seem fuzzy, but there is only me except for exbf who comes here once a week. However, I eat salad until it is gone because it will spoil.

    Lunch is usually a sandwich. Just now, I had a sandwich of whole wheat bread, pineapple, and Miracle Whip. It is one of my favorite sandwiches!

    When there was and if there were again anyone here regularly, my meal plans would be more firm. Your plans make me feel like a ditz and then I get over that feeling immediately.

    Don't you have a problem with people tasting the shells all week? I don't think I would have any leftover shells if they were not consumed sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your meal plans. It's inspiring yet I wing it every night. I'm cheating tonight though and ordering out as my husband finally got home from the hospital after a long 2 weeks. A return to normalcy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had a salad for lunch with leftover baked chicken on top, also ranch and italian dressing. I like to mix them. Cheese, walnuts and craizons. mmmm... My favorite lunch if we have lettuce!
    Love your menu. I need to feed my family better than I do...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.