Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You Are on My List Rite-Aid....

And that is not the GOOD list!
I just got off the phone with Rite-Aid Customer Service and I am one annoyed customer.
The "Diabetes Buy $30, Get a $5 +Up Reward" Deal advertised in this and last week's Sales flyer, as well as the Nov. SCR Directory is the issue.
Seems when you purchase qualifying items for this +Ups they don't "track", meaning you can't buy some things this time and more things next time and the computer keeps track and spits out the +Ups when you hit $30 anytime during the 3 month qualifying period.
Na na na!
You have to purchase all $30 worth of qualifying items in ONE TRANSACTION!
Now, I don't MIND having to buy it all in one fell swoop BUT.....
it would be NICE if Rite-Aid would make this RULE CLEAR, wouldn't it?

This +Up Reward Deal is promoted in the November Single Check Rebate Directory.....page 10, go check it out!
First of all, I don't know WHY it's in there as it's NOT a SCR but it is....
Nowhere does it state that qualifying products must be purchased in one transaction!
In fact, this quote from the directory seems to infer that you do NOT need to buy it all at once.....
"Your +Up Reward will print on your Rite-Aid receipt after $30 purchase requirement is met." 
Nothing about, "Must purchase items in same transaction." or anything to that effect.
Misleading at best, deceitful at worst.....

I'm so cranky and annoyed at the moment that perhaps I need to go return every stinkin' one of the $41.87 worth of items I bought that qualified me for that +Up Reward!

1 little $5 +Ups and I'd be a happy camper Rite-Aid, continuing to promote your brand and shop in your stores.....
But nooooo!

Ya let me down Rite-Aid.
What can I say?

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. Things like that piss me off too! It's one thing if I just missed it but its another thing to omit the information and then screw you out of the money!
    Grrrr, I'll be mad with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonyaAnn--Aw thanks hon! I could use some company in the whiney corner...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really sucks - I agree, if they don't specify in the ad that you need to buy everything in one transaction, then why would you assume that since none of their other SCR deals work that way?

    I'd return everything, too! And then you should email or call again and tell them what you've done and why. Maybe you'll get someone a little more helpful on the next call who either issues you a $5 Up or a small gc or something.

    I had an issue with them running a misleading photo next to one of their deals one time (the photo CLEARLY showed vitamins were included in the deal). At least in that case, they were able to argue back that I needed to read the details - no vitamins in the actual printed list of inclusions. But still!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOOO!!! I was already to move to a spot that HAS a Rite Aid!! I'll whine with you...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.