Monday, February 27, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Would You Drink This?" Edition.....


I am so out of the loop I hadn't even heard of this--a Marshmallow Peeps flavored limited edition Pepsi drink.  It doesn't sound very appetizing to me and I know Kim would never drink this for two reasons, 1-it's not diet and 2-it's not Coke. lolz
Would you drink this?  I'd take a sip just to say I've tasted it but I'm not about to pay $2.18 for a whole bottle!

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Tempura Shrimp, Cole Slaw
2. Monday--leftover Lasagna, Salad
3. Tuesday--Collards, Chicken Parm
4. Wednesday--Zaxby Zalad w/Chicken
5. Thursday--Brats on Roll(or not), baked Sweet Potato Wedges
6.  Friday--Catfish, Sauté Cabbage
7. Saturday--Liver and Onions, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie TBD

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Tempura Shrimp, Cole Slaw
2. Monday--Zaxby's Zalad w/Chicken
3. Tuesday--Collards, Chicken Parm
4. Wednesday--Catfish Lunch w/Okra, Corn, Fries(no dinner)
5. Thursday--Brats on Roll(or not), baked Sweet Potato Wedges
6.  Friday--Fend for Yourself
7. Saturday--Hamburgers, Salad

The Catfish meal and the Liver meal didn't happen.  We had catfish out on Wednesday and the Daughter had to work Saturday so the liver is still tucked in the freezer hoping to get made this Saturday. 8-)  Everything else got made but not necessarily on the day I planned.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2 bags of broccoli
*  2 bags of stir-fry veg
*  3 Chicken Parms
*  2 bags of Chicken Teriyaki
*  2 bags of Burritos

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 box of Chicken Parm
*  1 bag of Shrimp
*  1 pack of Bratwurst

Last week Hubs picked up items at Shopper's Value Mart, Kroger and Walmart(I went to this one too)and spent a total of $116.46.  
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $441.47 for February so far.

There is 1 shopping days left in February.

I've earned $147.25 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $19.00 on Coupons dotcom in February.
I've earned 3,508 points from shopping on Fetch in February.
I earned 40 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in February.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in February.

That's $166.25in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $441.47 in grocery spending so in reality it's $275.22 in food spending after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 45.03% and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 35.26% so far.  

Leftovers going into this week.....a little Stroganoff but no rice, Collards and 2 or 3 Brats.  Hubs will take care of most of these for lunches.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Stuffed Red Peppers, leftover Collards
2. Monday--Big Salad w/Chicken on top
3. Tuesday--Pork Tenderloin on Bun, Corn
4. Wednesday--Lunch out or Take-out
5. Thursday--FFY
6.  Friday--Catfish, Sauté Cabbage or Cole Slaw
7. Saturday--Liver and Onions, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, either Green Beans or Beets

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I am almost out of flour so that's something to pick up.  Hubs can make the Monday to Thursday meals(and half of the Friday meal).  It is more difficult for me to walk/stand as the doc has increased the compression on my leg(wound).  It is painful to walk due to the compression dressing on my ankle and foot so I'll be more sedentary for the next little while until they discontinue this compression. ugh.  So meals need to be simpler or things Hubs can prepare as I can't be walking around much.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

14 comments:

  1. I'm with Kim. I don't drink Pepsi at all! I'm a diet coke girl :) I don't care for peeps either. I couldn't believe that Pepsi flavor combo when I read about it a week or 2 ago. Please let us know what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter wanted to try the peeps pepsi, so all of us sampled it. It wasn't terrible, but doubt if any of us will try it again. :D
    Do hope that your leg is healing ok and that the swelling will go down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh peeps pepsi is better than the beverly coke at Disney. That has to be the nastiest soda ever. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't care for peeps or Pepsi so it's a hard no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also with Kim and Ms Goose - NOTHING but Diet Coke for me and as for the Peep Pepsi - I love Peeps but HELL NO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday. Gorton's fish, rice, coleslaw
    Tuesday. mushroom and pork stew, crudites
    Wednesday. Freezer challenge (unless I pick up a good discount at the grocery store)
    Thursday. Leftovers, salad
    Friday. Manicotti.
    Weekend. TBD

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a hard pass for me. First, I don't drink soda - and second, Peeps make me ill (too much sugar)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really wanting the catfish meal, and the liver meal! Maybe I will do that next week. I am eating shrimp and rice this week. Hope your leg heals soon. That sounds so painful. Virtual hugs. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not loyal to any brand of soda, so that would not be a deal killer for me. It is the peeps flavor that would keep me from ever trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't drink Pepsi. Peeps are okay, but not in a drink. Yuck. The price would be prohibitive, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd try thr the peeps drink if it was free,love peeps.but cutting back on sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This week my win was having gift cards I got from my credit card points and using them to stock up on many pantry items, dog food and toiletries while my husband is looking for a new job. I also had a gift card to Omaha Steaks and stocked up on meat. I love spending money, without having to spend money. I also got a check from Rakuten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat Peeps but not that way LOL... Straight coke a cola for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made a large pot of chili with plans to use it all week but my husband’s stomach disagreed with that idea. So I made pasta salad and calzones. Even I can’t eat that much chili so half is in the freezer.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.