Monday, February 6, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "It's No Longer January" Edition.....



I received two cards for my birthday, one from Hubs and one from my brother.  I guess the younger generation no longer believes in sending cards since none of my kids sent me one.   Now we are in February or still the Rainy Season in Louisiana.  Might need to put a call into Noah if the rain keeps up as it's been in January. lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--I had a Greek Salad
2. Monday--Chicken Parm, leftover turkey sides or salad
3. Tuesday--Kielbasi, Cabbage
4. Wednesday--I'm getting a tooth pulled so applesauce or something similar, Hubs is on his own
5. Thursday--Ditto
6.  Friday--Leftovers or ?
7. Saturday--?

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--I had a Greek Salad
2. Monday--Kielbasi, Cabbage
3. Tuesday--Subway sandwich for Linner
4. Wednesday--Jello(Cherry)
5. Thursday--Jello(Peach), leftover Mashed Potatoes
6.  Friday--Salmon, Spinach Souffle, Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
7. Saturday--Chicken Parm, leftover Cabbage


What got put into the freezer last week....
*  4 Stauffer's Spinach Soufflé
*  1 Kielbasi ring
*  1 pack of Turkey Bacon
*  2 frozen Chinese dinners
*  1 box of ice cream bars
*  1 frozen Pizza

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  Kielbasi
*  Salmon
*  1 Spinach Soufflé
*  Chicken Parm

Last week we picked up stuff at Kroger, Ollie's and Walmart(I went to Kroger to get $1.99 lb. cherries but they were out so I bought lots of other stuff yay!)and spent a total of $145.43.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $145.43 for February so far.

There are 22 shopping days left in February.

I've earned $38.77 on Ibotta in February.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in February.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in February.
I've earned 2,239 points from shopping on Fetch in February.
I earned 10 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in February.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in February.

That's $38.77 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $145.43
 in grocery spending so in reality it's $106.66 in food spending after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 31.27% and the monthly savings total for February comes in at 31.27% so far.  

Leftovers going into this week.....Kielbasi and Onions, Turkey slices, Corn Casserole, Rolls.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Cheeseburger, leftover Cabbage
2. Monday--Teriyaki Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry, Rice
3. Tuesday--Fend for Yourself
4. Wednesday--Rigatoni w/Mushroom and Meat
5. Thursday--Something frozen
6.  Friday--Pizza, Salad
7. Saturday--BBQ Chicken, Veggies TBD

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  Mushroom, other Veggies for Sat. and Salad stuff.  Not a very inspiring plan, just easy basic stuff mostly that I can delegate prep to Hubs so I can stay off the leg.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

6 comments:

  1. Your menus are looking to be more of your normal menus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a huge pot of Indian style food tonight. It filled the InstantPot almost to the top so half is in the freezer.

    There is one last spaghetti squash left from the garden so I’m planning to do something with it. May just mix it up with regular spaghetti.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care what we eat this week as long as it uses something from the freezer
    The trade off for no snow shoveling is liquid winters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way Happy Birthday... I am a bad friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very belated Happy Birthday. I have NO excuse for being late. :(
    I feel for you, we're in the midst of another week of rain too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.