Welcome to Frugal Friday!
There are a very few Frugal win this past week......
* Didn't go anywhere except to wound care this past week and a trip last Friday to Walmart(where I got to run over people with their motorized carts). I guess staying home all week is frugal(ie-not spending money)but it's boring as hell!
* The freebies/moneymakers or almost freebies from last week's grocery trips---
* 1 free Zero Sugar Starry soda(no photo because I drank it already)
* 2 free Pepsi Zero Sugar sodas(Pic of only one because I drank the other one)
* 1 free Air Wick Essentials Starter Kit
* 1 half price Yogurt cup
* I had Hubs run out on Tuesday to Super 1 Foods for ice cream........
They carry Blue Bell Ice Cream around here(we are only 10 miles from Texas after all). Super 1 had the half gallon containers for $4.97. That's $3.01 less than even Walmart so it was a deal. I highly recommend this "Moo-llennium Crunch" flavor. It reminds me of Ben and Jerry's with all the textures of toppings mixed in. ;-)
* Hubs gave me a $200 gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond for Christmas. Not a wise move if you ask me as they've been having financial diffculties. Of course, this week BBB announced they were closing the local to us store and my leg is in no condition to spend it at the store anyway. So I went online and spent it on necessities for the house-a cabinet to put my printer on and store supplies in, a runner for the top of the buffet(I only have a Turkey day and Xmas one so need something for Spring/Summer), another set of shelving for the laundry/utility room so I can keep pantry goods on, and a stainless steel set of cookware. We still can't find the lids to my All-Clad cookware and Hubs thinks that box got tossed in the move. On sale and with a coupon this set was about $50. I am hoping these lids fit my regular set, if not, I'll have to use these new pans/pots when I need a lid on it. sigh Of course, once the new set arrives we'll find the box of lids, right? Never fails........
Anyway, I used the gift card up before they go out of business and got some good deals on things we needed.
* This past week in honor of Super Bowl Subway was running a BOGOFree deal on subs(It ends today, use code FLBOGO). We did the deal twice this past week using a gift card I bought at Dollar General around Thanksgiving that was discounted by 20% making it better than half price. Double win there. 8-)
* I found money!
Nope. Only went to the Wound Care on Wednesday and home again. Did make a quick trip last Friday to Walmart though. No money at Walmart even. 8-(
Total Found in last Week.... .00¢
Total Found this Year....... .36¢
That's about all I've got for this past week.
Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods? Let's hear all about them!
I LOVE Moo-llennium Crunch! I also like Blue Bell’s Homemade Vanilla and their Butter Pecan, and Pistachio Almond. Hope you are healing up ok. No deals here on anything I bought, which was the standard bananas, grape tomatoes, spinach ,ground beef, Target homemade sesame seed hamburger buns, loaf bread, back up El Paso stand and stuff hard shell taco a ten pack, and Pace Picante Sauce. Well, I did get the Queso Blanco Tostitos Dip of 2 for $8, but I don’t co aider that much of a deal. I also got dip pickle chips for kid at $3 a piece on sale if you bought two. I already had a big bag of Tostitos at house. I also bought Target brand of classic Guacamole bc kid likes it. Well, I do too… lol. I have never bought a salad kid before but I bought one at Target, ate it all in a day, and went back this morning to bandaids and another salad kit. It is the avocado toast one. I also bought kid his organic Turkey slices for sandwiches. He won’t eat ham and has now declared war on chicken again and won’t eat it. I really cannot tell much difference in chicken and turkey but what do I know…..I am just happy he will eat the turkey. Cindy in the SouthReplyDelete
Someone had left a Catalina coupon good for $1.50 off your next grocery purchase at the self-checkout register in Fred Meyer. Frugal me has until 2 March to use it.ReplyDelete
I have fond memories of Blue Bell ice cream, so yummy!! Suz in WA
Are you anywhere near the Braums stores? I think that’s what they’re called. Yum!!! Amazing ice cream, hamburgers and their milk is amazing. My girlfriend visits family in Ok and I’ve gone with several times and she hauls back milk for other family members. I might be weird but Waffle House is like my favorite restaurant but not anywhere near Mn :(. JreReplyDelete
I found $.10 and two boxes of Mr. Clean magic erasers while walking the dog. The magic erasers were in the middle of a field by a nearby school. No one around and it was going to rain soon so brought them home.ReplyDelete
Used a BOGO offer for Panda Express, which we picked up for Sam's birthday. Also used up all of the Safeway offers, that they keep sending me. Helped my 17 y.o. adult, by figuring out why he wasn't getting paid (technology makes everything challenge - remember when you used to just get a check?!). Worked on our taxes, which is only frugal compared to paying someone to do it.ReplyDelete
For a moment I thought the ice cream said "Blue Moon" which is a summer favorite of mine.ReplyDelete
I hope your leg wound is healing well. I think the end is near for Bed, Bath and Beyond too. They are closing one of two stores in the Chattanooga area. That Blue Bell ice cream sounds delicious!ReplyDelete