Monday, January 9, 2023

This Week on the Dining Table

 The "Doing Some Stocking Up by Proxy" Edition.....


Still on walking restriction here but itching to get a few deals at Kroger.
Hubs was going by there so I wrote out a detailed list for him(with pictures too)and hoped for the best.  3 of the items he got are pictured--5 Hormel bacon(on sale for $4.99 and I had $2 Ibotta rebate on each of those), 3 boxes of Special K cereal(on sale for $1.99 and I had $1 Ibotta rebate for each)and 2.62 lbs. of fresh Atlantic salmon which I portioned out into 4 meals.  He got some other items and only failed on 1 item(which I'll have to return some day).

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned.......
1. Sunday--Whopper from Burger King
2. Monday--Fried Chicken, Cole Slaw, Mashed Taters, Biscuit
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6.  Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue

And here's what actually happened........
1. Sunday--Whopper from Burger King
2. Monday--Fend for Yourself
3. Tuesday--Fried Chicken, Cole Slaw, Mashed Taters, Biscuit
4. Wednesday--Frozen Dinners
5. Thursday--Baked Chicken, Scalloped Taters, Collard Greens
6.  Friday--Meatloaf, Leftover Green Beans, Rice(I didn't eat the rice)
7. Saturday--Apple and a scoop of Peanut Butter

Not able to stand much and cook here yet.

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  2.62 lbs. of Salmon
*  5 lbs. of Bacon
*  5 Stauffer Veggie sides

What got taken out of the freezer and used...
*  1 whole Chicken
*  Ground Beef                   

Hubs hit Walmart and Kroger for various items to the tune of $93.43 last week.
This brings our food/toiletries/paper goods Total to $93.43 for January.  

There are 22 shopping days left in January.

I've earned $13.20 on Ibotta in January.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in January.
I've earned $0 on Coupons dotcom in January.
I've earned 1,144 points from shopping on Fetch in January.
I earned 0 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in January.
I've earned 0 SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in January.

That's $13.20 in rebates(not counting the Shop Kick/Swag Bucks/Fetch)on $93.43
 in grocery spending so in reality it's $80.23 in food spending after the 3 rebate apps I count.

My savings percentage for the last week was 34.24% and the monthly savings total for January comes in at 34.24% so far.  

Leftovers going into this week.....2 helpings of Collards.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Chicken and Dumplings w/Carrots
2. Monday--Salad, Spaghetti and Meatballs
3. Tuesday--Chicken Parm, leftover Collards
4. Wednesday--Teriyaki Chicken w/Stir-Fry Veggies, Rice
5. Thursday--Salmon, Veggie TBD
6.  Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--Leftovers

I am still not suppose to stand/walk if possible so Hubs has been "cooking"(ie-getting take-out).  I can sit and make the Dumplings with my leg up.  The meatballs are already made and in the freezer, as are the Teriyaki chicken and stir-fry veggies(Hubs can stir-fry those and make rice.  The salad is bagged and I portioned the salmon and can talk Hubs through how to prepare it from frozen and veggies will be nuked from the freezer.  The rest of the meals will be leftovers or FFY.

What do I need to buy to fix everything on this menu?  I've got everything here for this menu.  Go me.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy 

9 comments:

  1. Hope you continue to improve, and feel better!

    We typically cook on weekends, and eat leftovers on weekdays, so we're on plan. Grilled burgers (one nice day this week), chicken curry & rice, and tacos with guacamole. If we run out of food before the end of the week, I have pulled pork in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and dumplings sound so good. Hope, you will recover soon. Take good care of the leg and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading about your deals. They are few and far between here in Canada!! I will be picking up my $20 produce box this week so will feature that on Thursday's blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After our house is empty if people again, the only shopping I'll do is loss leaders and essentials. This is goal both the remainder of January and February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last week, I baked the chicken breast and pork loin, two bags and two cookie sheets. I wonder if I have told you this. At any rate, I froze seven bags of food, ate some and left a bag of each in the refrigerator. The ads are not out for this next Wed through Tues. My bogo for Special K was not as good as yours as I paid $2.70..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not many deals here in Missouri. I used up some leftovers, and I am determined to limit the amount of leftovers. I threw several containers, so it's time to get more serious about meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The store I went to this week was out of stock for many of the deals - probably due to the ongoing torrential rains in parts of California impacting deliveries but who knows. We are using up bits in the freezer but mostly eating from what we buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a choice of beef and noodle soup, bow tie pasta and flatbread pizza this week. Black bean sweet potato soup has been my favorite lately so I’ll make that when the leftovers are gone.

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.