Friday, November 18, 2022

Frugal Friday.....the November 17th Edition

Welcome to Frugal Friday!
Here are a few frugal wins lately.......

*  I got another free turkey sort of by accident.........

Went to Kroger earlier this week to load up on the loss leaders/deals.  Got to the register and had almost $100 in spending which is the threshold for a free Kroger turkey.  Was debating on picking up some 6 packs of Coke Zero for later since they were on sale so went ahead and got them as this put me over $100 spent.  Hubs went back and selected a turkey to add to the order.  I would have bought the Cokes eventually so why not now, on sale, and with a bonus $18+ turkey?  Two turkeys in the freezer now?  Yes please!

*  Went to get our Louisiana driver's licenses on Thursday.........

Needed to do this soon as A-my PA license was expiring in Jan. and B-needed to register the cars in LA for insurance purposes as our current policy expired yesterday.
Instead of heading to the big city to either wait for hours since they had no appointments well into Dec.(and we wouldn't be here then)we drove North to a little town and got appointments right away.  When it came time to pay I used Cash instead of c/c or check as those methods tacked on a service charge to the cost.
BTW-It's not the DMV here it's the OMV. ;-)

*  I found money this past week!      

A dime in Kroger on the floor by the Customer Service desk.  

                     

We stopped at a new-to-me Walmart on the way back from getting our Louisiana Driver's Licenses and I found a penny by the CoinStar machine in the lobby.


Then I went into a Dollar General up yonder for a gift card purchase and found a penny at the checkout.


Total Found in last Week.... .12¢
Total Found This Year.....$23.17                       

*  While at that Walmart we picked up a doormat which was needed..........

It rang up half price!  And Chester approves...

*  While in Walmart I picked up an Ibotta freebie that had popped up earlier that day.......

A container of Bob Evans mashed taters.  Actually these were a .36¢ moneymaker as they were only priced at $3.64 and I got $4.00 back on my Ibotta account.

*  I went into that Dollar General to buy gift cards for someone.  When you bought 2 of select cards you got $6 off your total this week and  I bought 2 gift cards that qualified.

*  I used a Walmart gift card bought with SwagBucks and used it at Walmart earlier in the week to cut down on my OOP spending there on Wednesday.

That's about all I've got for this past week.  

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy  

7 comments:

  1. No frugal wins here. I have to pay a little more attention to my Ibotta app. It's been nuts for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two free turkeys is a big win. Nothing like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a dollar bill in the parking lot and donated it to Salvation Army (they raised my step dad whose parents put him out at age 12). We saved $49 at Kroger's between turkey and dairy items. I'm lacking $2 of enough to get 10 cents off in fuel. Tuesday we will get milk so that will cover it. I had to look up OMV LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doormat, have to go get me potatoes, although it is against the nature of an Idahoan to buy these. I will take to food bank!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that Libby's canned pumpkin is cheaper at Publix than anywhere else, including WM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute door mat. Seems like you and Dan are settling in to your new home. Nothing too frugal around here, although I did get a few sweet potatoes at our Kroger for $0.19 a pound. Too bad I am the only one here who likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A free turkey! Good for you! Only bargain was using th 10% off coupon I got for getting vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.