Sunday, November 6, 2022

Food Spending 2022....the October Report

* Again, I am still not up and running as normal.  So busy with life here but I pop in when I can with an update.*

Onward to October's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for OCTOBER 2022.

I have posted October's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in October.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods, Pet Food & tax where applicable. We are a family of 2(and 2 dogs).
****************
DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $51.42
Qs/Ads  $29.04
Value  $80.46
Savings  36.09%

DOLLAR TREE
OOP  $1.25
Qs/Ads  $.54
Value  $1.79
Savings  30.16%

KROGER
OOP  $92.35
Qs/Ads  $58.53
Value  $150.88
Savings  38.79%

SUPER 1 FOODS 
OOP  $90.66
Qs/Ads  $66.29
Value  $156.95
Savings  42.24%

WALMART
OOP  $327.44
Qs/free Gift Cards  $151.19
Value  $478.63
Savings 31.59%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Super 1 Foods at 42.24%, Kroger at 38.79% and Dollar General at 36.09%.
The worst rate was Dollar Tree at 30.16%.  
I shopped at 5 different stores in October.

TOTAL Spent in October................$560.11
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards...$315.29
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased....$875.40
TOTAL Savings of .............................36.02%

This closes out the October food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....well I knew that when we got a house to set up the food spending would explode and it did.  Very little food was brought 1,431 miles with us(a little canned food and dog food but none of the open stuff and the refrigerated or frozen food)so the this past month and the next few will see large food expenditures to restock.  Under $600 isn't too bad considering I have no Rite-Aid any longer(sniff)and no Aldi.  I am doing the best I can.  We are still not in full on cooking mode as we are still finding kitchen stuff(or not finding it.....hello? pots and pans!)so easy and/or premade dinners are being subbed out.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went DOWN by 6.22% in October 2022 to 36.02% compared to the September's 42.24% savings average.  

With 10 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $2,557.94 on food/toiletries in 2022.

2021 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$2,557.94
2021 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$11,198.19
2021 Grand Total Saved...............................$8,640.25
2021 Yearly Savings Total..............................77.16%

The average per month amount spent is $255.79 in 2022.

LOOKING AHEAD To November 2022......I am continuing to rebuild our food stockpile when I see a deal.  I suspect the spending will be high as the price of groceries is rising weekly it seems nowadays.  Spending on food should level off in December as we won't be shopping much due to life circumstances then so November is my time to add to the stockpile.
I know that all my Rite-Aid freebies really kept my OOP spending low and my savings percentage high and I am really missing it.  But such is life and I am trying not to dwell on the higher numbers as this is my new reality.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in October?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sluggy this is Chris. With the holidays coming, you should see some good prices on pantry items, so I think you will do ok stocking up. I always stock on a lot of things in Nov and Dec. I think you are hitting a good time to stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do keep up with it and it has been a disaster bc of rising prices and also bc there were large extra food expenditures related to autistic son’s new job. He won’t eat just anything because of sensory issues. But, I only eat out, including takeout, maybe six times a year so I am fine with my $$$$ outlay. Well, maybe not fine but it is what it is. I do buy stuff at the grocery deli like their pizzas. I am quite fond of Target’s deli very large cheese pizza for $6. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are in your house, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Practical Parsimony, glad to see you are in your house! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anxious to hear about your new home!
    No, we never track out grocery spending - just 2 of us & we really aren't big eaters. We eat a lot of salads, chicken, grilled salmon & veggies. Trying to stay away from the snacks, junk food - as most of America, we can do without that - soda, beer, etc., too. With the rising prices, these are the sensible things to cut! :-)
    So although we are seeing inflation, here's hoping our weight will go down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One son is in LA and DIL says she finds the best deals at Walmart as they have few choices as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alas, I do not watch the food budget wish that I did

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the new year, I'll try and figure out the new reality of our life with likely me back in the office at least one day, winter changes, daughter back from study abroad, like two dogs, me continuing to watch what we eat for weight and health. Right now, life is beating me up a bit so I'm not tracking strictly but looking for where not to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I track our monthly food budget, but our monthly totals are nowhere near as low as yours even though there are only two of us. I find this is a good time of year to stock up on items for the pantry.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.