Thursday, September 1, 2022

Food Spending 2022....the August Report

Onward to August's Food Spending report......




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for AUGUST 2022.

I have posted August's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there.
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in August.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods, Pet Food & tax where applicable. We are a family of 2(and 2 dogs).
****************
FARM STAND
OOP  $1.00
Value  $3.54
Savings  71.75%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/BC/Gift Cards  $453.01
Value  $453.01
Savings  100%

SHURSAVE
OOP  $1.99
Value  $1.99
Savings 00%

WALMART
OOP  $18.93
Qs/free Gift Cards  $23.36
Value  $42.29
Savings 55.24%

WEIS
OOP  $24.03
Qs/Sales  $3.11
Value  $27.14
Savings  11.46%

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%,  Farm Stand at 71.75% and Walmart at 55.24%.
The worst rate was at Shursave at 00%.  
I shopped at 5 different stores in August

TOTAL Spent in August................$45.95
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards...$29.01
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased....$74.96
TOTAL Savings of .............................38.70%

TOTAL Out of Pocket for August w/R-A..............$45.95
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards w/................$482.02
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased w/Rite-Aid...$527.97
TOTAL Savings with Rite-Aid items....................91.30%

This closes out the August food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....I only bought items that were absolutely needed to make meals for things that I didn't have on hand.  That means not buying on sale price for most everything bought which means my savings rate went into the toilet in August.  It is what it is.  I am grateful that my well stocked pantry/freezer meant keeping my OOP spending to under $50 for the month.

The monthly food spending savings percentage went UP by 43.87% in August 2022 to 38.70% compared to the July's 82.57% savings average.  Thank goodness for all that free stuff I got from Rite-Aid to boost my monthly overall savings rate! 8-)

With 8 months accounted for, I have spent a Grand Total of $1,826.77 on food/toiletries in 2022.

2021 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$1,826.77
2021 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$9,964.60
2021 Grand Total Saved...............................$8,138.13
2021 Yearly Savings Total..............................81.67%

The average per month amount spent is $228.35 in 2022.

LOOKING AHEAD To September 2022.......We are here 11 more days then gone so the only food spending will be for the bare necessities.  There will increased eating out as a result, especially after we leave for Louisiana.  No clue where the spending will end up when September is over.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in August?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just have your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?


Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. That was great! SHows you what you really have to spend if you have a good pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pantry is slowly getting restocked. I'm trying to get into the tracking groove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you only spent $50 due to having a well stocked pantry! I love that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.