Friday, July 3, 2020

Frugal Friday--the July 3rd Edition

A brief check around Chez Sluggy to see what frugalness we stumbled into this past week...........




* I got an email from the cash rebate portal company I go through for all my online shopping saying they were cutting and mailing me a check and it arrived on Thursday.
I am $23.27 richer. woohoo!

Obviously I haven't done a lot of online shopping but I'll take that little check and smile all the way to the bank with it. lolz

* I hit Weis(PMITA)Markets last Friday and spent $75+.  I went on Friday to get one of the Fantastic Friday Deals-Shrimp for $4 per lb in 2 lb. bags!  I found boneless pork ribs BOGO with a $2 instant sticker on one pack, a small roasting chicken with a $3 instant sticker and a pack of thinly sliced Perdue breast meat with a $1 off instant sticker.  I also found the fresh Rana brand pasta(mushroom variety)in the deli/produce department on sale for $3.99 a bag with $2 instant stickers on them so they were half off so I picked up 2 of those as well.  Around here the store was well stocked(no obvious holes where products were missing and the tp aisle was loaded with goods.
I also found a couple of clearance deals-blueberry flavored applesauce cups 50% on clearance(.99¢)and boxed organic letntil soup likewise 50% on clearance($1).

* Since I didn't go many places this past week I didn't find much money but I DID find some!


These two pennies I found in Rite-Aid last Friday when I went there.  One was by the self-checkout register and the other was down an aisle(which aisle escapes me now).


And this penny was found at Weis(PMITA)Markets on Friday half tucked under the Coin Star like change counting machine next to the Customer Service Desk.

The only other place I went this week was the hospital for tests and no change was found there. 8-(

Total Change Found this Week....... .03¢
Total Change Found this Year so far...$46.45

* Though this happened last week here is the rundown on my Ibotta score I had talked about........



Not everything I got is pictured because I left some with my brother and sister in-law as they could use those items and Ex-CB ate some stuff before I got a photo...........

32 items were bought(19 items pictured)and 29 offers were submitted for(some offers required 2 items to be purchased)between Kroger, Walmart and Rite-Aid stores.

$42.86 was spent OOP and $12.45 in Bonus Cash was used on items bought at Rite-Aid(so no OOP there and I earned $6 back in new BC too).
$38.22 in regular Ibotta rebates were earned along with $16.50 in Ibotta Bonuses making a total of $54.72 in cash rebates back, thus all this was a $11.86 moneymaker. 8-)))

* I also bought this at Rite-Aid this past Sunday..........



2 x Suave men's shampoo on sale=$5.00
2 x Bic Comfort 3 razors BOGO50%=$7.48
1 x Yoohoo drinks(for Ex-CB)on sale=$1.00
1 x Bumble Bee tuna packet 75% off=.42¢
SubTotal.............$13.90

Coupons Used
1 x $1.25/1 Suave men's shampoo ManQ=$1.50
2 x $3/1 Bic razors(Flex/Comfort3/Soleil)IPQ=$6.00
2 x $3/1 Bic razors(Flex/Comfort3/Soleil)In-ad Q from previous week but valid until 7/11/20=$6.00
Coupon Total....$13.50

$13.90-$13.50=.40¢

I earned $1 in new BC for buying 2 Bic razors so a .60¢ moneymaker. 8-)


* I also got $4 cash post coupon back at Rite-Aid this week..........

I found 4 clearance 75% off BenGay at a Rite-Aid last week in VA.  But even though sister in-law said she'd print me off some Bengay Qs to use but she didn't have adobe on her computer so no coupons for me.  So when I got home to PA I printed off 4 $1/1 Bengay IPQs and took them, my receipt and those boxes of Bengay up to my local R-A and got $4 back for those Qs. 8-)))
The BenGay was $1.69 a box/tube on clearance and gave $2 Bonus Cash when you bought two so I got $4 in BC and ended up paying .69¢ per box/tube after "post coupon" refund so this was a $2.04 moneymaker in the end. Nice.




* Since I tweeked my left knee on Sunday and I wasn't up to standing in the kitchen to cook this week I used a free gift card to have Hubs pick up pizza one night to give him a break from cooking.

Other than the above, we stayed home, ate all our leftovers as well as a couple of "old dogs" from the stockpile here and didn't go anywhere.


What frugal stuff happened this past week in your world?
Tell us all about it!


Sluggy

7 comments:

  1. Those Bumblebee Lemon Pepper tuna pouches are so good. I keep them on hand, especially since the pandemic hit. It's been one of our sources of meat during this time. We've been staying home too as usual. Sounds like you had a good and frugal week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No great savings, but did earn some free money through a survey and received a $3 reward in the mail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the knee is better now. I have been dying to ask: Ex-CB means who exactly? I am asking aboout the abbreviation. I keep thinking about this and even googled it. Being a non-native speaker of the English language, I need to learn :)
    Could it be an ex-something brother but no, a brother cannot be ex unless it is a BIL. But that would be ex-BIL no? Please do satisfy my curiosity, pretty please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ex college boy aka youngest son. I’m not a Sluggy stalker but this blog keeps me entertained and I just remember random stuff. PMITA is another good one to ask - pretty sure that is “pound me in the ass.”

      Jen G.

      Delete
  4. State Farm finally issued that pandemic credit I’ve heard about-$57 total for home, car and life insurance. Seems kind of low but I’ll take it.

    I’ve been turning small amounts of leftovers into quesadillas with great success! Today it was some curry thickened up with potato flakes for lunch.

    Holiday crowds scare me so may skip the Kroger run this week. I did a quick trip this morning for wine and smokes so the essentials are covered. 😁

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen is correct, Ex-CB is ex-college boy. PMITA is pound me in the ass. Pretend I didn't say that tho. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous and Sluggy thank you for uncovering the mystery. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.