Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rite-Aid on Thursday 7/15/10 & What to Buy This Week for FREE!

I had a $20 Allergy Rewards Gift Certificate that was expiring on 7/15, so I HAD to head out to Rite-Aid this past Thursday or lose it.
Perish THAT thought!lol
There wasn't much I wanted but the Planters nuts were on sale so here is what I bought....

5 x assorted Planters Nuts(l like the Nut*rition with the cashews/almonds/macadamias) $3.99=$19.95
2 x Hershey's 8 pack of mini bars on sale BOGO=$1.99
2 x Sobe $1.49, $1.19 with 20% wellness discount=$2.38 *Not Pictured
2 x Almond Joy Candy Bar on sale $.50=$1.00 *Not Pictured
1 x Magnifying Glass w/20% off Wellness Discount=$6.39 *Not Pictured
1 x Lypsyl Lip Balm w/20% off Wellness Discount=$2.39
SubTotal....$34.10

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $25 Purchase RedPlum IPQ=$5.00
2 x $1/1 Hershey's 8 Pack AdPerks Q=$2.00
1 x Sobe BOGO IPQ=$1.19
1 x $.50/2 Almond Joy Bars AdPerks Q=$.50
Coupon Total....$8.69

$34.10-$8.69=$25.41
I used the $20 Allergy Rewards Gift Certificate....
$25.41-$20.00=$5.41

Then I used $5 in +Up Reward Qs....
$5.41-$5.00=$.41 OOP put on Rite-Aid Gift Card so ZERO Out of Pocket

I earned $1 +Up Rewards for the Planters Nuts.
The Lypsyl had a TRY ME FREE sticker on it, so I can send for a $2.39 rebate for what I paid after my Wellness discount.

And the Magnifying Glass was included in my order at the behest of #2 son and his friend who are paying me back, so I'll be $6.39 back as well.  It's the least they can do since I bought them each a Sobe drink and a candy bar(that's why they aren't pictured above).lol

This Trip....
Total Spent...$.41 put on Gift Card
Value of Items purchased...$49.66
SCRs earned....$1(Lypsyl)

MONTHLY TOTALS-JULY Rebate Period

Number of Transactions......9
Total Spent....$7.05--all put on free Gift Cards/Certificates 
Value of Items purchased....$369.06
SCR qualified for....$22.98 in cash and $30 in Gift Cards & free diapers
Other Cash....$7.65
Additional Non-Cash Rewards....$0
+Up Rewards earned=$13.00

Total Cash I'm getting Back=$29.63
Total Gift Cards I'm getting=$30
+Up Rewards left to spend=$1.00


As for Rite-Aid this week.....
There is not much I need that is a good deal but there are quite a few freebie or almost freebie opportunities this week.

The Duracell Batteries are a good buy if you use batteries.
8 count packs are $4.99 and if you can find the ones with $1 Peelies on them(or have the $1/1 Qs from the last P&G insert) AND there is a $10 SCR when you buy $20 worth of more, so do this....
Buy 5 packs for $24.95 and a very cheap filler item to put you over the $25 mark(like a candy bar on sale this week for .50¢). Total $25.45.
Then use 5 of the $1/1 Peelies, 1 of the $5 off $25 purchase Qs=$10.00 off.
$25.45-$10=$15.45 plus tax if applicable in your state.

Submit for SCR #10 for $10.
After the rebate you will have paid $5.45 for 40 batteries and a candy bar.

There are also 3 "regular" full purchase price SCRs available this week that will keep you "moving along", if you know what I mean.....plus a hemorrhoid med, what with all that sitting you'll be doing....lol
#14 CryoSTAT
#17 Colon aide
#18 Ducolax Balance
#23 Traditional Medicinals Smooth Move Tea

The Motrin PM is a good deal as well.  20ct. avg. $5.99 a bottle.
There is a $3 in-ad Q, which makes this $2.99 a bottle.
Stack a Manu. Q from today's paper $1/1 and pay $1.99, or stack the older Manu. Q that is $3/1 and get it free.  You also will get $2 in +Up Rewards for buying this product.
And if you have earned a Wellness discount your price starts at either $5.39 or $4.79 before coupons so even if you don't have both the $3/1 ManuQ & the in-Ad $3/1 Q, you still will do well here.

Finesse is a great deal this week.  It's on sale for $2.50 and if you buy 2 in a single purchase you get a $1 +Up Reward.  There is also a $1 SCR on the purchase of 1 bottle this month.  In addition, there is a rebate offer for Finesse in the 5/16SS coupon insert(up to $3).
So buy 2 Finesse for $5.
Used 2 of the $1/1 ManuQs, makes it $3.00
Get a $1 +Up Reward.
Submit for the SCR for $1.
Then mail in for the Finesse Rebate for $2.50.
After rebates you will get paid $.50 to buy 2 bottles & get a $1 +Up Reward to use!
As Adam Sandler might say, "Not too shabby!"

Then there is the Zegerid OTC.  With your wellness card it is $10 for a 14ct.
Use the In-Ad Q $3/1 and you pay $7.00.
Go watch the AdPerks video fo Zegerid and you can get another $3/1 Q there to stack.
Use both $3 Qs and you pay $4.00.
Go to the Zegerid OTC Website to get a $3/1 Q.
Stack all 3 Qs and pay $1.00!
And then you get a $7 +Up Reward back!!

Of course all these deals will be even sweeter if you combine them into 1 big transaction and can use a $5 off $20 or $5 off $25 Purchase Q as well.

Here's a scenario to try....
1 x Zegerid OTC=$10.00
1 x Motrin PM=$5.99
2 x Finesse Shampoo=$5.00
SubTotal...$20.99

Coupons to Use
1 x $5/$20=$5.00
1 x Zegerid $3/1 ManuQ
1 x Zegerid $3/1 In-Ad Q
1 x Zegerid $3/1 AdPerks Q
1 x Motrin $1/1 ManuQ
1 x Motrin $3/ In-Ad Q
2 x Finesse $1/1 ManuQ
Coupon Total....$19.00

$20.99-$19.00=$1.99 + tax OOP.
Receive $10 in +Up Rewards($7 Zegerid,$2 Motrin PM, $1 Finesse).

Then buy 5 packs of Duracell batteries & the candy bar filler...use 5 x $1/1 Peelies, a $5 off $25 Q and the $10 in +Up Rewards to pay.
$25.45-$10 in Qs-$10 in +Ups=$5.45 + tax OOP.
Receive $1 in +Ups.
Submit for SCR#115(Finesse)& #10(Duracell) and receive $10 back.
Submit for Finesse Rebate from manufacturer and receive $2.50 back.

OOP total before rebates...$7.44 + tax.
Cash back for rebates....$12.50.
Profit of $5.06 plus $1 in +Ups and you got 1 Zegerid, 2 Finesse, 1 Motrin PM, 1 Candy Bar and 5 packs of Batteries for free!

One last thing.....don't forget that there are TWO MORE FREE $25 Gift Card when you transfer a Prescription to Rite-Aid Coupons in this week's R-A sales flyer!  They are good until July 31st so plenty of time to find an rx to transfer.  (Forget it though in NY or NJ(if you are under 60) as state law prohibits it.)
I found an older arthritis rx I needed to refill that I had at Kmart pharmacy and took it up to transfer on Thursday when I did my shopping at Rite-Aid.  $25 more in free credit to get stuff at Rite-Aid....woohoo!

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I went to CVS this weekend and it took everything in me not to push my total to $30 to get the $5 off. There just wasn't enough deals to make it worth it. But I had to stand there and think about it for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shops, as usual, Sluggy!!!! I've got a new Rx that I'm setting up for a transfer next month (I received a postcard from Rite Aid containing 4 Rx gift card coupons and their exp is 8/31). Since I've hit my deductible for the year, all my Rxs the rest of this year are "free," and when I can also get a gift card, I just feel awash in money - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SonyaAnn--Yah, I would have had to stop and think about that first too. What can I say?lol

    Pretty--If anybody would be right on top of those transfer rx deals I KNOW it would be you....I think you are the Queen of the RX Transfer Deal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.