Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Saturday Shopping.....Rite-Aid & Keep Your Eye Out for This!

Saturday I did some running around to finish up some Rite-Aid deals I was working on.
First the local Rite-Aid....
 I'll spend over $20 and will be able to use a $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks Q
2 x Nature's Bounty BOGO=$8.99  Used a $5 ManuQ Rewards Program & a $2/1 Any Vitamin Wellness IPQ
3 X Toblerone Candy RAINCHECK($1.50)=$4.50  Used 3 $1/1 ManuQ expiring that day!
1 x Rite-Aid Aloe Lotion clearance=$2.99  Used $2/1 any Skin Care Product over $2 Wellness IPQ
1 x Maybelline Mascara 40% off=$3.11  Used $2/1 any Beauty Product over $2 Wellness IPQ  
1 x 3Musketeers Bar**filler to get to $20 total** on sale=$.50

Total before Qs=$20.09
Coupon Total=$19.00
$20.09-$19.00=$1.09 OOP

SCR=$2 for Maybelline Mascara & $8.99 toward Healthy Heart SCR #550

So a profit of $.91 after SCR!

Then it was off to Rite-Aid #2......


 I'll spend over $20 and will be able to use a $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks Q

2 x Nature's Bounty BOGO=$9.99  Used a $5 ManuQ Rewards Program & a $2/1 Any Vitamin Wellness IPQ
1 x Nivea Body Wash=$5.99  Used $2/1 ManuQ & $2/1 any Skin Care Product Wellness IPQ
1 x Finish Dishwashing Tabs=$6.49  Used $2.50/1 ManuQ & AdPerks $1/1 Finish IPQ


Total before Qs=$22.47
Coupon Total=$19.50
$22.47-$19.50=$2.97 OOP

SCR=$1.50 for Finish. $5.99 toward Nivea SCR($5 Gift Card WYB $15) & $9.99 toward Healthy Heart SCR #550($25 Gift Card WYB $50)

Total after SCR Rebate=$1.47 OOP

Transaction #2 at Store #2.....


 I'll spend over $25 and will be able to use a $5 off $25 Purchase from Red Plum IPQ

2 x Osteo-Bi Flex BOGO=$19.99  Used 2x $6 ManuQ Rewards Program & 2x $3 Osteo-Bi Flex AdPerk IPQ
1 x Nivea Lip Care=$2.99  Used $.50/1 Nivea Lip ManuQ
1 x Nivea Creme Tin=$.99   Used $.25/1 Nivea Creme Tin GOL Q
1 x Maybelline Eye Shadow 40% off=$2.57  Used $2/1 any Beauty Product over $2 Wellness IPQ  

Total before Qs=$26.54
Coupon Total=$25.75
$20.09-$19.00=$.79 OOP

SCR=$3.98 toward the Nivea SCR Gift Card & $19.99 toward Healthy Heart SCR #550

Then it was time to move on to Rite-Aid #3.....


 I'll spend over $20 and will be able to use a $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks Q

2 x Nature's Bounty BOGO=$9.99  Used a $5 ManuQ Rewards Program & 2x $2/1 Any Vitamin Wellness IPQ
1 x Airborne on sale=$4.99  Used $1/1 ManuQ

1 x Rite-Aid Aloe Lotion clearance=$2.99  Used $2/1 any Skin Care Product over $2 Wellness IPQ
1 x Maybelline Mascara 40% off=$3.11  Used $2/1 any Beauty Product over $2 Wellness IPQ  & $1/1 Maybelline Mascara AdPerks IPQ

Total before Qs=$21.08
Coupon Total=$20.00
$20.09-$19.00=$1.08 OOP

SCR=$2 for Maybelline Mascara(BIL),$2 for Airborne(BIL) & $9.99 toward Healthy Heart SCR #550(BIL)
After SCRs this trip was a profit of $2.92!

And 1 more transaction here...

 I'll spend over $20 and will be able to use a $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks Q

2 x Nature's Bounty BOGO=$9.99  Used a $5 ManuQ Rewards Program & 2x $2/1 Any Vitamin Wellness IPQ
1 x Nivea Body Wash=$5.99  Used a $2/1 ManuQ & $2/1 any Skin Care Item Wellness IPQ
1 x Cascade Dishwashing Gels on sale=$2.99  Used a $1/1 Manu Home Mailer
2 x M&Ms on sale BOGO=$3.99  Used $1/2 ManuQ & 2x $1/1 Any Candy over $1 Wellness IPQ 

Total before Qs=$22.96
Coupon Total=$22.00
$20.09-$19.00=$.96 OOP

SCR=$1 for M&Ms, $5.99 toward Nivea SCR Gift Card & $9.99 toward Healthy Heart SCR #550

So a profit of $.04 with the M&Ms SCR.

Total for the day.....
OOP=$6.89
SCRs=$8.50 cash plus $ toward the Nivea/Healthy Heart Gift Cards.

Today was a Profit of $1.61 after the cash SCRs.


Here's something you can get almost free at Rite-Aid if you have the Wellness Card....
 

See that big pale yellow bottle?  It's RITE-AID brand ALOE THERAPEUTIC BODY LOTION.
It's normally $5.99 a bottle(it's a big bottle)and it's in or near the Sunscreen/Suntan lotion items in your store.  It's on clearance for 50% off, so $2.99 a bottle.  Combine this with the $2/1 any Skin Care Item over $2 Wellness IPQ to get it for $.99.
Some stores I've been in have it marked, some don't, but Rite-Aid online has it listed as an Unadvertised Special.  Best to price check it before you pay anyway.
This is a good product to have around and it's a great cheap filler to get to your $20 or $25 threshold so you can use one of those $x off Rite-Aid Qs.
Look for it!


While I was in line to pay for the 1st transaction at Store #3 I made a mistake......I looked at some guy in line near me.  Obviously by doing that, in his mind it said, "hey, please talk to me until I can't stand it anymore!".  
This guy is a fellow couponer.  But he is also a nutcase.  Besides being loud and not SHUTTING UP because we don't want to hear your life story waiting in line to buy toiletries, he's also, er......let's call it "interesting looking".
I'm no hot babe myself but this guy looked like one of the guys in the Bowery who wash your windows when you stop at red lights in NYC.  He had one eye that rolled around in it's socket like a pinball and the other eye drifted off to the left so you didn't know if he was looking at you or the valentine's candy in the bin 2 aisles over.
Add in the raggedy pants and overcoat, the ripped t-shirt, the unkempt hair and moustache and you've got one crazed looking couponer.
I have told DH to just shoot me if I ever get that bad.lol

This guy went on and on about how much he saves and how he does rebates for everyone in his apartment building(8 or 9 sets-they let him use their addy/names and he gives them a cut of the rebates).  He also seems to have an 'arrangement' with the particular cashier who was working this evening at this store.....she takes as many coupons on each item until he gets it for pennies or free.  It sounds like he ONLY comes in when she is working....hmmmm.....I wonder how long until she loses her job?
He made 8 $20+ trips while I was in there making my 2 transactions and had paid under $1 for all.  I saw what he was buying and there is no way, even with all the different Qs you can use at Rite-Aid, that he was using the couponage the right way and in the right amounts.   Now I would use multiple of different Qs or 2 ManuQs on each item in a BOGO if the cashier lets me but I wouldn't buy 2 tubes of AquaFresh ToothPaste and use 3 of the same $1 any Oral Care Q on 1 tube to get it for free!
That ain't kosher.....


Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I had to snicker when you were describing the guy in line with you. I was thinking that maybe we all go crazy after a while & then you wrote it.LOL
    But it is people like that that ruin it for the rest of us. You can't use internet coupons by me at all and it is because of people like him.
    And you are an amazing shopper, can't leave here without telling you that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOOL! EWW, that guy sounds like he aint kosher either, if you know what I mean! I can't believe that cashier, what is she thinking?! Maybe she's scared of him... I know I would be! Good job on the dealmaking =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, getting a standing-in-line buddy like that! :) Dontcha wish you could just run and hide in the back of the store till he's gone, then try again? That's my approach - LOL! Nice haul!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, If you still have the Rite Aid Aloe Therapeutic Lotion, I would be interested in buying if from you. I can't find this anymore and I used to love it. Please let me know if you'd like to sell it, we can decide on a price & I can pay you through Paypal. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.