Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hounding for the $15 Olay Rebate at Rite-Aids

So Olay released a new $15 Mail-in Rebate. 
You can see the details on the Olay website HERE get the form HERE.

The details are that you need to buy 3 specified Olay products and you can send in for a $15 Cash Rebate.
The rebate period started on Friday, February 12th and purchases have to be made byl March 12th.

I went out Friday in search of this deal.  With the "Buy One, Get One Half Off" Olay products at Rite-Aid until Saturday, February 13th, combined with the fabulous Coupons you can use at Rite-Aid, I figured my best bet for the lowest possible OOP was there.

Here is what I did on Friday....
1 x Nivea Body Wash on sale $2.99=$2.99
2 x Olay In-Shower Body Lotion B1G50% (reg. price $4.99)=7.49
2 x Cover Girl Eye Shadow 25% off sale weekend $3.89=$7.78
1 x Wet N' Wild Eye Shadow 25% off sale weekend=$2.99
1 x Lifesavers Gummies on sale=$1.00
SubTotal....$22.25

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks Q=$5.00
1 x $2/1 Nivea Body Wash ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Olay Body Lotion ManuQ=$4.00
2 x $1/1 Cover Girl ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $2/1 Any Beauty Item over $2.99 Wellness IPQ(used on 2 Cover Girls)=$4.00
Coupons Total.....$17.00

$22.25-$17.00=$5.25+$.38tax=$5.63 OOP**I didn't have enough $2/1 Wellness Skin Care/Beauty Item IPQs with me...I could have used 1 or 2 more on this purchase if I had them. sigh
It doesn't really matter I guess because I have a $25 Rite-Aid Gift Card from transferring a prescription so my OOP is ZERO either way.ll
 
Single Check Rebates qualified for....$2.00 Wet N' Wild
The Cover Girl purchases finished off BIL's SCR#550 for the $35 Prepaid Visa Card.

And I have 2 of 3 Olay purchases for the $15 MIR.

Then Saturday, I did this.....


1 x Venus Spa Breeze Razor on sale=$7.99
1 x Olay Body Wash=$9.49**Got a  10% Wellness Card discount=$8.54
2 x GE Reveal Light bulbs on sale$2.50=$5.00
SubTotal....$21.53

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks IPQ=$5.00
1 x $2/1 Venus Razor ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Any Shaving Access. Wellness CRT printed Q=$1.00
1 x Buy Razor/Get Free Olay Body Wash ManuQ=$9.49**automatically took off full price even though I got a discount on it
2 x $1/1 GE Reveal Lightbulbs ManuQ=$2.00
2 x $.40/1 GE Reveal Lightbulbs AdPerks IPQ=$.80
Coupon Total....$20.29

$21.53-$20.29=$1.24+$.08tax=$1.32 OOP put onto a Rite-Aid Gift Card so ZERO OOP.
Qualified for SCR#6 Lightbulbs....$2
And the Olay Body Wash finishes off my $15 MIR.

Two transactions, no OOP, $4 in SCRs(lightbulbs and make-up) and a $15 MIR, so I made $19!

Off to another Rite-Aid to work on a second MIR for BIL.....

1 x Venus Spa Breeze Razor on sale=$7.99
1 x Olay Body Wash=$8.99
1 x Purevia on sale=$2.99
2 x Cadbury Eggs on sale=$1.00**Not Pictured**
SubTotal.....$20.97

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks IPQ=$5.00
1 x $2/1 Venus Razor ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Any Shaving Access. Item Wellness CRT printed Q=$1.00
1 x Buy Venus Razor/Get Olay Body Wash Free ManuQ=$8.99
1 x $2/1 Purevia ManuQ=$2.00
1 x $.50/2 Cadbury Eggs AdPerks IPQ=$.50
Coupon Total....$19.49

$20.97-$19.49=$1.48 OOP put on Rite-Aid Gift Card so ZERO OOP.
No SCRs but I have 1 Olay product bought for BILs Rebate.

This transaction was done at a Rite-Aid haven't been to since December.  When I tried to use my Wellness Card the cashier said no, they aren't suppose to take them.  I tried to explain that I've used it at FIVE other Rite-Aids in the area with no problems and since technically we ARE within the mile limit for the Harrisburg test market I should be able to use it at this store.
Nope.
Wasn't budging.
OK...fine.
I can get my stuff for just over 1 dollar anyway so pppffffffttttt!
The only thing that was affected in this transaction by NOT being able to use the Wellness Card was the Olay Body Wash(which was NOT on sale if you only bought 1) didn't get discounted 10%(would have brought my subtotal to $20.08).  I wasn't using any Wellness IPQs but I did have a $1/1 Shaving Access. CRT Q, which is only printed on the receipt when you use a Wellness Card.  The cashier didn't have a problem taking that....or just didn't notice since I had him so flustered.lol

So this makes 2 Stores locally I can't use the Wellness Card at....this one and the store with the Evil Cashier.  I'll avoid both if possible until the Wellness program goes national.

Then I hit up one of my favorite Rite-Aids to see if I could score 2 more inexpensive Olay products to finish off the MIR deal....


2 x Nivea Body Lotion on sale $5.99=$11.98
2 x Olay Cleansers on sale B1G150%(reg. $7.99)=$11.98
1 x Finish Dishwashing GelTabs on sale=$4.49
SubTotal....$28.45

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks IPQ=$5.00
1 x $5/2 Nivea Lotion ManuQ=$5.00
2 x $2/1 Any Skin Care Item over $2.99 Wellness IPQ=$4.00
2 x $3/1 Olay Moisturizer Product ManuQ=$6.00
2 x $2/1 Any Skin Care Item over $2.99 Wellness IPQ=$4.00
1 x $1/1 Finish GelTabs ManuQ=$1.00
1 x $1/1 Finish Product AdPerks IPQ=$1.00
Coupon Total....$26.00

$28.45-$26.00=$2.45+$.15tax=$2.60 OOP  The OOP was put on my Rite-Aid Gift Card so ZERO OOP.
I qualified for a $1.50 SCR(Finish) and the 2 Olay products finished off BIL's $15 Olay MIR deal.

To recap....
OOP.....$11.03
Minus SCRS...$5.50=$5.53
Minus Olay Rebates...$30.00=$24.47 Moneymaker!
And throw in finishing the $35 Visa Prepaid Card too.

And Remember......there is a P&G Coupon Booklet Mail-In Deal available now!
Spend  $50 on P&G products and you can get a coupon booklet worth $100.  If you bought another to qualify for the P&G Rite-Aid SCR(the Visa Prepaid Card Deal)from February 1st to February 13th(when the Rite-aid Deal ended) be sure to use those purchases to send away for this coupon booklet, after you enter your purchase information on the Rite-Aid website for the Single Check Rebate program.

This is one time my being quick to fulfill rebates will work against me.  Since I need 4 of the receipts from last week to send for the $15 Olay Rebates I only have $35.13 in "other" P&G purchase receipts to submit for the coupon booklet deal for now.(Being able to use all my receipts would have put me well over the $50 mark but I'd much rather get the $30 in cash as opposed to coupons.)
I fulfilled 1 of the $35 Visa Card Rite-Aid deals before Feb. 1st, so I can't use those receipts to double dip that Rite-aid deal and the MIR booklet deal.
So I need to find $14.87 in additional P&G purchases over the course of the coming month to do this booklet deal.  I'm sure I'll find enough for almost free after coupons and deals to get the booklet.
If you waited to do the Rite-Aid SCR Visa Card Deal the second week of the rebate period you probably already have enough in purchases to submit for the Coupon Booklet so don't forget to do that!

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I'm really trying to be like you when I grow up!;)
    I've been going with Den on Sunday mornings trying to do a bit of the deals. I'm getting a bit better but I still have a hard time keeping up with what you have done! And Den isn't making it any better. At times, he is like a little kid, I want this or this. So he can screw me up. But I have come up with a plan of how to deal with him. I'm going to make him pay with his money so that should get him back on track!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all these deals work the way you describe, but somehow when I get a bunch of items and hand over a bunch of Qs, I still end up paying way too much OOP and not getting nearly as much back - LOL! So probably I don't have this all quite as figured out yet as I think I do when I read what you've done... or something like that.

    I have an Rx I can transfer from Target to Rite Aid to get a $25 gc, but I forgot it at home today, so that's my plan for tomorrow. Meanwhile, though, I'm stopping at Target today for some other things and am going to see if the Olay body wash really generates a $5 gc like I've been reading on some blogs (it's not in our local flyer, so I'm not really expecting it to work). If it's a bust at Target, then I'll definitely do some sort of Olay deal-thingy at Rite Aid after I get my gc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to leave hubbys and kids at home when you try to do these deals.....I tell ya, they just get in the way!lol

    You are welcome to tag along with me on a shopping trip any day....come on over and we'll have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty--make sure you take your calculator into the store at Rite-Aid and double check your figures before you hit the register.
    If you want some RA coaching feel free to come over and we can go shopping together! ;-)

    As far as I could tell, the Olay Gift Card deal at Target was a hidden one so just find a price checker/scanner thing and check if the deal is listed when the price scans.
    Good luck!
    I'll be sitting the Olay Target deal out because you KNOW how I feel about Target here.lolol

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.