Monday, February 8, 2010

Here's an Easy Rite-Aid Scenario....Spend $2.03 OOP/Get $29.76 in Stuff

I went over to Rite-Aid on Sunday to do a transaction, after my belated Birthday meal at Red Lobster.

Well of course they were out of the new Dove Men's Body Wash, which would have been a $1.25 moneymaker at $4 a bottle with a full price SCR and a $1.25 ManuQ. 
This torpedoed my scenario but I quickly found another combination of items to buy.

Before you head out to try this scenario, sign up to watch the videos at AdPerks on the Rite-Aid website.  Watch enough video commercials to get 20 credits and you can download the Bonus $5 off a $20 Purchase Q.  You can only print this Q ONCE, so make sure you select multiple copies to print out when your printer prompts you to tell it how many copies to print, ok?After you get the $5 off $20, pull out your inserts from 1/3 SS & 1/3 RP and this Sunday's P&G insert and clip the appropriate Qs.

This scenario is quite easy to follow so lookie here all you Rite-Aid hounds......



1 x Venus Embrace or Breeze Razor on sale=$7.99
1 x Olay Body Wash=$7.79
**I have a 10% off reg. price discount from my Wellness card, so the Body Wash was only $7.01
1 x Nivea Body Wash on sale=$2.99
1 x Purevia on sale=$2.99
SubTotal....$21.76/$20.98 with discount

Coupons Used
1 x $5 off $20 Purchase AdPerks IPQ=$5.00
1 x $2/1 Venus Embrace or Breeze Razor ManuQ(2/7 P&G insert)=$2.00
1 x $1/1 Any Shaving Accessory CRT printed Wellness Q=$1.00
1 x Buy Embrace/Breeze Razor, Get Olay Body Wash FREE ManuQ(2/7 P&G insert)=$7.79/$7.01 w/discount
1 x $2/1 Nivea Body Wash ManuQ(1/3 RP insert)=$2.00
1 x $2/1 Purevia ManuQ(1/3 SS insert)=$2.00
Coupon Total.....$19.79/$19.01w/discount

$21.76-$19.79=$1.97+.06¢PAtax=$2.03 OOP
I had $2.22 on a Gift Card left so I had Zero OOP and .19¢ left to burn.

In addition the Olay and Razor count toward SCR #551--the P&G Buy $25/Get $5 Visa Card, Buy $50/Get $15 Visa Card, Buy $100, Get $35 Visa Card, so that's $15.78 toward your total purchases(or $15 in my case). Just $9.22 more in P&G items and you qualify for a $5 prepaid Visa Card.
I'm working on BIL's Visa card.  I got mine in the mail already, early last week.....

The Nivea Body Wash also counts toward your $15 purchase of Nivea items to qualify for a $5 Gift Card, SCR#56.  $2.99 down, $12.01 to go.....
the Nivea Body Lotion is also on sale this week for $5.99 a bottle.  There are $5/2 ManuQs from 1/03 RP insert.  If you can use Wellness Qs, combine that Nivea Q with 2 x $2 off any Skin Care item over $2.99 Wellness IPQ(check your Wellness account on the Rite-Aid site for the link to the PDF)....2 x $5.99=$11.98-$5-$2-$2=$2.98 OOP.  Combine this with other purchases to total $20 or more and you can use an AdPerk $5 off $20 purchase IPQ too and bring your OOP even lower.

With regard to my scenario above, if you don't have a Wellness card and the Wellness CRT printed Q for the $1 off Shaving Access. your OOP will be $3.09 and not $2.03   But that's still a good price, right?

I noticed that the prices on the Nivea and Olays in my local store on Sunday have been jacked up....the Nivea Body Wash by .30¢ and the Olay Body Wash by .50¢.  I wonder if we may be seeing more price increases on other items in Rite-Aid soon.

Sluggy

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how BAD I want a Rite-Aid in my small town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have little doubt that when I get to Rite Aid after work, there will be no more Dove Men's body wash there either. I'd bet they didn't bother stocking up on any of the stores... :P on them

    Nice shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.