Monday, February 23, 2009

Meal Plan Monday


Last week was a good one for the food budget. I used up a lot of foodstuffs I had on hand. I hope to do the same with this budget so I can concentrate on spending the bulk of the week's money on stocking up on sale items. The only items I'll need to buy for this menu are shrimp for the grits and some carrots & celery for the Pot Roast.

I do still need to come up with a monthly/weekly food budget for the year. I've never operated on a written down food budget in all my 26 yrs. of marriage. Even in the early lean years, hubby & I always ate well. We spent extra on food before most any other 'want'.
After Feb. is over, I'm sitting down with my Jan/Feb. receipts to see what our average monthly food costs are so far this yr.
*****************************
Here's what is on the Menu at Sluggy's house this week.

Monday-Pretzel Dogs, Macaroni Salad, Corn

Tuesday-Chicken Parmesan, Spinach Salad

Wednesday-Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetables & Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Thursday-Shrimp & Grits, Sauteed Cabbage

Friday-Tacos, Spanish Rice

Saturday-Pot Roast Sandwiches, leftover Macaroni Salad, New Pickles

Desserts for the Week-Lentil Brownies, Ice Cream

Organizing Junkie is the home to Menu Plan Monday. Go see what's on her and many other Home Cooks' Menus for the week at Organizing Junkie's website.





Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.