Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guess What's for Dinner?


Ok, anybody? I'll post a photo of the finished product later tonight with my recipe.
Today is the last day of the Weis/Mr.Z's grocery store sale. All the other grocery stores run sale ads from Sunday to Saturday, but this regional chain has to be different and run ads from Thursday to Wednesday. Go figure!
Anyway, like I posted a few days back, outside of a few ingredients I need for my meals, I am using the bulk of my food budget this week to stock up on things we use often.
Weis is running a sale on Heluva Good Cheese at $2 a block. Pretty decent price for cheese lately. I traded for Heluva Good coupons worth 50 cents off/1 when I saw the sale-50 coupons. The nice thing is Weis doubles everyday up to $1. So I've been buying cheese for $1 a block! We eat A LOT of cheese in this house as I have a 13 yr old Grilled Cheese addict living here. I also have freezer space to store large quantities.....so bring it on!
The problem is Weis only double 4 'like coupons' per order.....so I've had to make lots of trips to the store over the course of the week.
I try to go to the self check-out if I'm only getting the cheese. That way I can get 12 blocks & break up the purchases into separate transactions of 4 blocks of cheese each and get ALL the coupons doubled without hassling a cashier and holding up her line. The self check-outs around here are hardly ever used. People in this town are afraid of change so the idea of handling your own transactions without a cashier is weird to them.lol
The only bad thing about this cheese sale is the fact that the grocery store doesn't carry mozzarella cheese in this brand. Gee, I don't even know if they make mozzarella! If I could get mozzarella for $1 a block, I would have gotten 100 coupons.
Sluggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.