Thursday, February 12, 2009

And Speaking of Peanut Products....


The Hershey's Corporation does NOT buy peanuts from the Peanut Corporation of America, the company that caused all the salmonella deaths in the US lately. From what I have seen and read, the president of the Peanut Corporation of America, Stewart Parnell, is quite unethical and in very deep legal trouble for running his business as he did. Not only has he caused the deaths of now 9 people, he has sicked many more consumers, as well as caused economic loss for a lot of other businesses that used his products in their products. It's so bad that companies that NEVER used products from PCA in their foods are suffering huge losses in their sales....upward of 25% for the entire industry.

I saw a news segment last night about the LANCE company....you know, the company that makes those ubiquitous neon orange cracker sandwiches with peanut butter filling. Lance's founder claims to have invented the Cheese/Peanut Butter Sandwich Cracker in 1916, and the Lance Co. has practiced impeccable quality control since their founding. LANCE is losing about 1 million dollars a month in sales and have had to spend TONS of money on marketing ads to get the word out that Lance Crackers are okay to eat and NOT affected by the peanut butter recall.

VIDEO

Like dropping a stone in a pond & the ever expanding rings it makes, your one small action or decision can affect so many more people into infinity, in either a good way or a bad way.

I hope there is a Special Tainted Peanut Covered Circle of Hell just for Stewart Parnell.

sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I just got the Feb. issue of Southern Living magazine and on the cover is the *best* looking recipe that I ever saw! It is banana pudding, you know the kind you layer up with sliced bananas and vanilla wafers; only they used Nutter Butters instead! Ye Gads! Why didn't I ever think of that? What in the world goes better together than bananas and peanut butter?

    But so far, I have been afraid to try it, thanks to the new Circle of Hell member. Thanks jackass, for ruining what is probably the most awesome dessert ever. Grrrr. . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoo!
    That sounds so sinfully goooood. Don't tell Linda on the Compact about it. She loves her some nanners don'tcha know.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I just read this. I decided to start at the beginning of your blog and read it all. Even though I was reading from the very beginning, I missed some and forgot some.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.