Monday, July 29, 2024

THIS WEEK ON THE DINING TABLE

Still trying to relearn how to type/write with this hand so this is taking forever to write.  Posting after this one will be sporadic for awhile.

                                
Corn Ribs??  Saw these at the Trader Joe's down here last Monday.

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
 1. Sunday--No Plan
2. Monday--"   "
3. Tuesday--"   "
4. Wednesday--"    "
5. Thursday--"    "
6. Friday--"    "
7. Saturday--"    "

And here's what actually happened....
 1. Sunday--Salmon, Green Beans
2. Monday--Pizza
3. Tuesday--Steak dinner out
4. Wednesday--
5. Thursday--
6. Friday--leftover Pizza
7. Saturday--Sweet and Sour Chicken, rice

Frankly, I don't remember what got eaten when other than what I wrote. There were  a whole lot of salads, the salmon, the sweet and sour chicken, pizza, hummus and crackers, chicken salad and crackers.

What got taken out of the freezer last week....
 noting

What got put into the freezer last week....
* a bag of stir-fry veggies
                    
Last week we spent $76.75 on grocery shopping.

Total shopping comes to $371.93 or July.   There are 2 shopping days left in July.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $166.05 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $17.50 on Shopmium in July.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in July.
I've earned $13.00 on Kroger Cash Back in July.
I've earned $0 on TaDa in July.
I've earned $30.01 on Checkout51 in July.
I've earned $19.05 on Aisle, etc. in July. (Haven't gotten my Nature Valley rebate yet from June.)
I've earned 4,567 points on Fetch from food shopping in July.
I've earned 8,864 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July.($)
I've earned 340 Points on My Points in July.($)
I've earned 4,156 B from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.(give or take)
I've earned a $15 virtual gift card from The Insiders.

That is $232.61 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa/Swag Bucks/The Insiders)on $371.93 of grocery spending so in reality it's $139.32 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending.

My savings percentage for the last week was 37.33% and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 42.90% spent.

Leftovers going into this week...Beats me, I'm not home. lol

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Caesar Salad, Chicken Eggroll
2. Monday--Tacos(maybe)
3. Tuesday--No Clue
4. Wednesday--No Clue
5. Thursday--No Clue
6. Friday--No Clue
7. Saturday--No Clue
I'm not in charge up here.  My sister in-law had gastric bypass surgery a few years ago so she eats different and my brother is picky.  Meals are always an adventure and a surprise here. ;-)
I bought some salad kits and seafood so we cobble something together.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy   



\


7 comments:

  1. Now I have to go to Trader Joes to try those bloomin corn ribs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever you do stay away frim their Ghost Pepper potato chips

      Delete
  2. What in tarnation are 'corn ribs'? Never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered about "corn ribs" too. Are they some type of snacking chip? SuzinWA

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like they took corn kernels off the cob in rows, making rib looking pieces and then seasoned them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up a bag of potatoes at Fresh Thyme for $.49 and then Dave’s mom gave me an extra bag. So potato leek soup it is for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too wondered what are corn ribs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.