Monday, July 8, 2024

This Week on the Dining Table....the July 8th Edition

The "Might Have to Eat Out" Edition.....



Louisiana or rather LSU is know for the phrase, "Who Dat?"  The local Pizza House has come out with a flyer for their new app saying, Who Dis?.
As I type the beginnings of Madame Beryl from the Gulf has begun her assault on my area.  When we get large rain and wind storms we usually lose power for unknown and varying amounts of time.  This being said, we will probably need to eat out for dinner, if we can go anywhere that still has power.  I'll talk at y'all when we get back to normal. 8-(

Onward to the meal planning!
This is what was planned for last week...........
1. Sunday--Tuna Sub
2. Monday--Pot Roast, Carrots, Potatoes, Onions
3. Tuesday--Leftover Crab Cakes, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Salmon and Roasted Broccoli
5. Thursday--Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Macaroni Salad
6. Friday--Asparagus and something lol
7. Saturday--?? Beats me

And here's what actually happened....
1. Sunday--Tuna Sub
2. Monday--Pot Roast, Carrots, Potatoes, Onions
3. Tuesday--Leftover Crab Cakes, Green Beans
4. Wednesday--Salmon and Roasted Broccoli
5. Thursday--Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Macaroni Salad, Corn on cob
6. Friday--Leftover Salmon, 
7. Saturday--Lobster Cakes, Asparagus


What got taken out of the freezer last week....
* Provolone Cheese slices
*  Hunk of Meat
*  4 Pieces of Salmon 
*  1 Hot Dog
*  2 Hamburgers
*  4 Lobster Cakes

What got put into the freezer last week....
*  1 Pint of Ice Cream
*  2 bags of Greek Yogurt "ice cream" balls                        
Last week we spent $115.67 on grocery shopping.(Again it was a good amount of dog food.)

Total shopping comes to $115.67 for July.   There are 23 shopping days left in July.  

Rebate monies earned this month so far.....
I've earned $52.48 on Ibotta in July.
I've earned $8.50 on Shopmium in July.
I've earned $0 on Alexa app in July.
I've earned $3.00 on Kroger Cash Back in July.
I've earned $0 on TaDa in July.
I've earned $0 on Checkout51 in July.
I've earned $14.78 on Aisle, etc. in July. (Haven't gotten my Nature Valley rebate yet from June.)
I've earned 14,194 points on Fetch from food shopping in July.
I've earned 4,553 points from food shopping on Shop Kick in July.($)
I've earned 340 Points on My Points in July.($)
I've earned  2125SB from food shopping on Swag Bucks in July.($21.25)
I've earned a $15 virtual gift card from The Insiders.

That is $75.76 in rebates(not counting Shop Kick/Fetch/MyPoints/KCB/Alexa/Swag Bucks/The Insiders)on $115.67 of grocery spending so in reality it's $39.91 in food spending after the rebate apps I count. I now separate out the Food Bank donations and don't count those in the grocery spending.

My savings percentage for the last week was 43.10% and the monthly savings total for July comes in at 43.10% spent.

Leftovers going into this week...Baked Beans, Macaroni Salad, Pot Roast w/Carrots & Potatoes, and Roasted Broccoli.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
 1. Sunday--Leftover Pot Roast dinner
2. Monday--Pasta and Sauce, Leftover Broccoli
3. Tuesday--Catfish, Green Beans, Cole Slaw
4. Wednesday--Subway
5. Thursday--Meatball Subs
6. Friday--Tacos
7. Saturday--?? Beats me

With this storm who knows what will happen as far as meals.  If we keep power it will be full steam ahead, if we lose power all bets are off.
We did plan on getting Subway sammies for Wednesday.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy   

3 comments:

  1. I made two pizzas last night and the Instant Pot is currently full of chili. We have another tornado watch so hopefully all the trees are done falling and no more power outages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your mouth to God's ear as they say....

      Delete
  2. Daryl’s taking cover in the basement but not shaking so maybe not too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.