Friday, July 5, 2024

Frugal Friday.........the July 5th Edidtion

There are very few Frugal wins over the past week.

*   I grabbed a few things at Kroger this week after my eye appointment......

                               

The Bugles were $1.73 after offers and Ibotta for both, The cereals were $2.23 for both after offers and Ibotta for both, the Rock Stars were a $1.66 moneymaker after $5 rebate.  You can do this offer all year every other week if you want.  Just go to  "discover.gotoaisle.com/referral/kq98hepHXk", sign up, buy 2 Rock Star drinks and text a photo of your receipt to the number they text you back.  Rock Stars are regularly $1.88 at Walmart and $1.25 at the Dollar Tree if nobody else has them on sale the week you can buy them.
The Finish tabs were .99¢ after offers and Ibotta, the Powerade was free with a Best Customer Coupon, The Stem mosquito spray was a $1.51 moneymaker, the Barilla Pesto sauce was free after offers and Ibotta, the 4 Mott's soft baked bars were $1.96 total for all 4 after offers(2 had $1/2 peelie coupons on them) and Ibotta, the O.B, tampons were $1.75 on clearance and another dollar off on Mega Sale, the 3 Elvive conditioners were .75¢ each after clearance and another dollar off on Mega Sale and the 1 Elvive shampoo was .92¢ after clearance and another dollar off on Mega Sale.  Along with the produce I bought that day I spent $20.45 OOP.

2 of the Motts bars, the tampons, the dish tabs, Rock Star drinks and the Reese's cereal are all headed into the food bank donation box.  Maybe the shampoo and conditioners as well. 8-))

*  I messaged the Orthopedist about how that injection last week didn't help and maybe I should wait until I got back from Virginia to take any other actions.  This injection just made my shoulder feel worse but he still wants me to come in and talk about this....and pay him another $20 co-pay to do so. 8-(  I don't see the point as I am NOT going to let him give me another injection now so maybe I'll reschedule this appointment for after I get back from Virginia?

*  Remember that $15 gift card for 2nd place we won at Trivia last week?.....

Well we went back this past Wednesday to use the gift card and play trivia.  There were huge teams of 9 and 10 and lots of folks playing.  We still won 2nd place-AGAIN!  lol  We would have taken 1st place but Hubs didn't kick in the answer to the last Bonus question until it was too late to get our paper to the moderator.  Dang it!  We were laughing our heads off beating these big old teams and we weren't even trying too hard to win. 8-)

*  I found money!  It wasn't a great week for found coins but at least I didn't get skunked.


I found a penny at the dirty Kroger walking through their vestibule to leave that store on Wednesday.

Total Found last week.... .01¢ 

Grand Total Found this Year.......$5.15 & 5.30 Euros

That's all I got.   

Any frugal wins in your neck of the woods?  Let's hear all about them!

Sluggy     


 



9 comments:

  1. I really want to go to a trivia night, but they all start at 7 pm, way too late for us. Tommy does not drive well at night. I am good at trivia, was good, but brain fog would probably make me stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugles! It's been ages! I wants some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well come on over! I gots 2 bags of 'em....

      Delete
  3. Good deals at Kroger! I'm sorry your injection didn't help. Has he suggested physical therapy? PT stinks, but I do believe it helped me more. Right now, my shoulder is not hurting. Knock on wood. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only frugal win is green grapes! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the STEM deal again but cleaning up storm damage is the big money saver. I don’t know how many thousands a company would charge but years ago we had a quote for $8k when another tree fell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those tree companies seem to go up on their prices right after a storm. You need to get them to go work when there is no storm on the horizon.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you on this Sluggy. After we had tornados uproot almost every tree on our property (12 trees down) They wanted 10K to remove them. We gave them away to people who heat with wood. Win Win

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.