Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Food Spending.....June 2024

Onward to June's Food Spending Report.....




Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for June 2024.

I have posted June's totals on the Total Grocery Savings Page located HERE and have updated the Totals there. 
I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in June.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods, Pet Food. We are a family of 2(and 2 dogs).
****************

CVS
OOP  $.63
Sales/Free CVS Script  $19.51
Value  $20.14
Savings  96.87%

DOLLAR GENERAL
OOP  $9.94
Sales/Coupons  $9.96
Value  $19.90
Savings  50.05%

KROGER
OOP  $459.08
Qs/Gift Cards $431.07
Value $890.15
Savings  48.43%

OLLIE'S
OOP  $16.77
Qs/Sales  $11.96
Value  $28.73
Savings  41.63%

WALMART
OOP  $168.81
Qs/Gift Cards $298.14
Value  $466.95
Savings  63.85%


********************
My best Store Savings Total was at CVS with a savings of 96.87%.  My worse rate was at Ollie's with 41.63%.  Not a bad savings rate average overall if my worst rate was 41.63%, right?

I shopped at 5 different stores in JUNE.

TOTAL Spent in June......$687.67
TOTAL Coupons/Sales/Gift Cards....$738.20
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased.....$1,425.87
TOTAL Savings of........51.88%

This closes out the June food/toiletries/etc. spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month....
On the surface our spending was high but that doesn't figure in all the rebating cash I got back.  Even so, we had a high savings percentage over regular retail anyway.

The Monthly food spending savings percentage went Down by 8.45% in June to 51.88% compared to May's 60.33% savings average.  A lower savings rate but still well over 40% which is what I like to see. 8-)
Since we have an adequate income and food should be a pleasure in life(no way am I going to eat unseasoned rice and beans for my remaining days like some people-because I don't have to). I will buy quality food and pay the price at the register.  I may not like the price but I will deal with it.

With 6 months accounted for, I have spent a Total of $3,970.05 on groceries/HBA/paper goods/etc. in 2024.  Food prices have gotten to the ridiculous level, haven't they?

2024 Yearly Grand Total Spent....................$3,970.05
2024 Yearly Grand Total Value of Items.....$8,084.12
2024 Grand Total Saved...............................$4,114.07
2024 Yearly Savings Total..............................50.89%

The average per month amount spent is $661.68 in 2024 so far but that's before all the rebate monies are added in.

Remember that I withdraw all my cash rebate monies(Ibotta, Shopmium, TaDa, Checkout 51, Swag Bucks, My Points and other miscellaneous rebates-Aisle, Tremendous, etc. and have it sent to my Paypal)at the end of the year and add it back into my food budget, so at the end of the year my food spending will go down.  

The other savings apps like Fetch, Shop Kick, Kroger Cash Back that let us get free gift cards(or $ off your grocery total-Kroger), those are added back in when I cash those points in along the way.  Alexa app gives me Amazon credit onto my account but I don't buy food on Amazon(sometimes I buy dog food there)so I really don't know how to count that.

Because I don't like to let money sit in these rebate accounts and Paypal, I send $$ to my bank account throughout the year.  So far I have sent $1,876.87 from various rebating programs and through Paypal to my bank.  If you add in all that my food spending at the halfway point in 2024 comes in at $2,093.18 or $348.86 per month.
Besides all I sent to my bank account I have another $677.78 sitting in these various rebating programs as well as in Paypal.  This is not counting Alexa, ShopKick or Fetch, which all comes out in gift cards or Amazon credit.

LOOKING AHEAD TO JULY 2024.....
July will be different as I won't be here for half of the month and don't know what my food shopping will be up in Virginia at my brother's house.  I haven't a clue.

If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share your thoughts with us all.

*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in June?

*  Do you track your yearly food spending?  It's really not that hard or time consuming; just keep your receipts and either track it in a notebook or on a spreadsheet.

*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons versus buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?

*  What are your methods for keeping your food spending in check?

*  Is anyone out there up for tracking expenditures and trying to spend less but still eat well?

Sluggy


1 comment:

  1. Mine is double yours. It includes food, toiletries, dog food for my dog, dog food for my middle son’s gigantic dogs, cat food, otc, and any prescriptions if I happen to have one for the month (I do not take any daily meds), repair parts that are minor such as screwdrivers, flashlights, candles, mildew things, laundry detergents, bug spray, defoggers, sunscreen, bowls but they are usually 50 cents if I buy any, etc. basically everything but the kitchen sink… lol. But still yours includes that also and mine is still double at $700. I don’t usually eat out but maybe once a month or when I go to the beach so it does include eating out, if I do that but that is not much, at least not enough to be double yours. Oops. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.