Monday, September 7, 2020

This Week on the Dining Table

 The  "Just So Over Everything" Edition.......
Another Blursday, heck another Blursweek here! 
Nothing going on worth noting. The garden is pretty much done/shot. The highlight of my week was a $20 Ibotta Bonus showing up in my list so I've done shopping to reach that before Sept.30th when it expires.
I also got a Shingles shot and my flu shop yesterday at Rite-Aid.  
Whoopee
I am not "feeling" cooking this week.


Onward to the meal planning!

Moving On....
This is what was planned.........

1. Sunday--Steak, Spinach Salad
2. Monday--Crab Ravioli w/Cream Sauce, Tossed Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers(prolly Sloppy Joes), Sweet Potato Fries
4. Wednesday--TV dinners
5. Thursday--Brats on Buns, Carrots
6. Friday--TV dinners
7. Saturday--maybe Chinese take-out or Lobsters

And this is what really happened.......

1. Sunday--Steak, Spinach Salad
2. Monday--Crab Ravioli w/Cream Sauce, Tossed Salad
3. Tuesday--TV dinner(I had Veggie Lasagna)
4. Wednesday--Leftovers for Hubs, Creamed Spinach for me
5. Thursday--Chinese take-out
6. Friday--TV dinners(more Veggie Lasagna)
7. Saturday--Leftovers


Last week saw 2 nights of home cooked dinners, 4 nights of leftovers/FFY/TV Dinners, and 1 night of Take-Out/Eating Out.  

What got put into the freezer last week....
* Lots of Eye Round Steaks
* 2 bags of shredded cheese
* 2 lbs. of bacon

What got taken out of the freezer and used.....
* 3 TV dinners
* 1 Hot Pockets(Hubs)
*  Crab Ravioli
* 1 Creamed Spinach(me)

We spent $110.14 last week bringing our food/toiletries/HBA/paper goods to $110.14 for September so far.

I've earned $71.52 on Ibotta in Setember so far. ($59.04 w/out R-A rebates)
I've earned $1.50 on SavingStar in September.
I've earned $2.00 on Coupons dotcom/Paypal(for a digital Q).
I've earned 3648 points from food shopping on Fetch in September.
I've earned 2500 points from food shopping on Swagbucks in September.


My savings percentage for last week was 45.50%(without "regular"Rite-Aid trips)for September and the monthly savings total for September comes in at 45.50% so far.(w/out R-A). 

Leftovers going into this week......Crab Ravioli.

Here is this week's "food plan".....
1. Sunday--Crab Ravioli, Roasted Squash
2. Monday--Hot Dogs on buns, Beans, Carrots
3. Tuesday--Shrimp Scampi w/Linguine, Sugar Snap Peas
4. Wednesday--Chicken Parm, Caesar Salad
5. Thursday--? and sauteed Cabbage
6. Friday--?
7. Saturday--?

What needs buying for this menu?  Nothing probably.  I have no inspiration for the last 3 days of the week so it will be either leftovers of whatever I pull out of the freezer.  I might make a  cheese lasagna later this week and send half to Ex-CB since it's too much for Hubs and I(and we'll get tired of it).  I think we need milk this week.

What's left on my master list of meals we can make from what's at home.
* Tuna Casserole
* Roasted Chicken
* Shrimp/Crab Ravioli
* Cheese Ravioli
* Breakfast for Dinner
* Haddock Fish Dinner  
* Chicken Tenders  
* Beef Liver  
Plus lots of thinly sliced Chicken Breast, grass fed Ground Beef and Ground Turkey in the freezer.

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?  

Sluggy

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could slow down enough to find a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, veggie lasagne. I need to make that this week. I made Teriyaki Chicken for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pasta salad for dinner tonight and lunch all week. I’m tired of it but it’s so easy.

    Potato leek soup was planned but it’s going back to the 90s. Leeks are washed, chopped and in the freezer. Plain tofu was finally acquired so I’ll make lasagna or pasta bake if I’m feeling lazy.

    Our favorite vegetarian restaurant opened up for takeout but it’s downtown. I don’t want to be caught in the middle of a protest so we’ll stick with my boring meal plan. People from both sides have been bringing guns!

    Jen G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a lot of cauliflower so made a nice vegan soup. Will likely give half away because it made so much. Chicken tacos tomorrow, probably pinto bean tostadas Friday. Like you, I keep a master list and just go from there. Last night was baked potato and salad bar. It’s weird because we went from 90’s Sunday to 50’s Monday. Supposed to be 80 Friday so who knows! Weather has a lot to do with the meals around here.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.