Thursday, September 3, 2020

My Biggest August Project is Done!

 I just realized I never put this project on my To-Do List for August......I guess you could file it under my "Access Damage to Bedroom and Fix" entry.

Anyway, between my surgery and my leg still not being "right", the heat sapping my energy(what little I had)and every other thing going on here I did get 98% of the Ex-College Boy's old bedroom finished.

Here is what it looked like in there when he left(and after Hubs and I cleaned out what he left, cleaned the walls and vacuumed the carpeting and shampooed it.........



We had to wait for Ex-CB to come home on his day off after this photo to move the two dressers(one was in the closet and one needed to be repositioned about 3 feet along the wall it was against.  I couldn't help Hubs lift anything after surgery.
Once that got done Hubs took apart the daybed frame and set it up in that far corner and lugged the mattress onto it again.

Then Hubs moved all the toiletry tubs in the hallway from when I emptied the big dresser in my sewing room where the toiletries were living so Ex-CB could take that dresser with him.  I bagged up the toiletries from the small dresser still in the sewing room a little at a time and lugged all that into what we call the "guest room" now.

Here are some shots of my progress reorganizing and putting the toiletry stockpile away at the midway point..........


The tubs in the foreground, behind the vacuum are mostly Xmas tubs as is the grey tub in front of the bed.  There are a few items on the bed as well as the shopping bags on the floor with toiletries.  The white lidded tub open on the floor halfway under the bed is an under-bed storage tub that I keep my stash of personal vitamins and supplements in.  There are bottles of shampoo on the dresser still to be put into the dresser.

This is where I sat as I put away various toiletries into the long dresser.  At this point I had only filled 2 drawers and was working on 2 more. Lot of stuff on top of the dresser still, an open tub next to the chair and a couple of shopping bags on the floor.  Still a mess but getting there.


This pile sits next to the dresser above.  All the tubs are Xmas paraphernalia as well as the bags on top of the tubs.  The shipping bad and purple tote on the floor hold toiletries still to deal with and there are feminine products on top of one of the Xmas tubs and a few men's face items on the dark blue tup.

This stuff in front of the room's closet is mostly Xmas too, except for the two shopping bags on the floor which are toiletries.

And once I was finished here is what the guest room looks like now.......


Well it's not done done. lolz
I still have an empty drawer in that dresser and items on the top.  There's a desk lamp and a boom box plus a few mouthwash to relocate and I am storing body wash for myself on that desk top.  It's too tall to stand up in a drawer and I don't like to lay those down as they tend to leak.
The boxes/tubs/bags next to the dresser are all Xmas items to either give away or sell if the kids don't want any of it.

This wall has shelving where I've put more body wash, bottles of hand wash, and the feminine products.

The bed is made and ready for use. There are various under-bed storage tubs and boxes underneath-two are toiletries, one tub is stationery/home office stuff and the box is Ex-CB stuff.


Next to the bed is the tall dresser.  It still has an empty drawer. There are some shampoos on top as well as a blue bin with cough drops in it.



The large closet now holds ALL the Xmas tubs and paraphernalia-ornaments, trees, garlands, statues, geegaws.  This was all relocated from the sewing room closet shelves, the laundry room shelves and  from the garage.  I am relieved it's all in one location after 20 years of having it tucked and spread all over wherever we could find room!


There is a stack of boxes in the deep corner of the closet with some non-Xmas stuff(which you can't see in this photo), like boxes of the kid's childhood stuff but those hardly take up any room.  That grey tub on the left in the photo on the floor is where my Xmas present tubs(two of them)will go after I finish going through them.  Look at all that empty floor  space left! lolz



Now my laundry room shelf can hold stockpiled laundry supplies instead of Xmas tubs.


And with the dresser that Ex-CB took with him gone and the Xmas tubs out of the sewing room closet I can stow away all my sewing supplies and UFOs(unfinished projects)out of sight. *Sorry about my thumb in this shot.....*

So even with all the crap going on here August turned out to be productive beyond my To-Do List.
go.
me.

Sluggy


9 comments:

  1. Wow I would say you got a lot done and that bed needs a visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!
    You have an amazing stockpile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that looks so good, Sluggy. I love that you have a room dedicated to your stockpile. How great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using a dresser for stockpile. I won't be putting tall bottle of anything lying in drawers, either. That is a lot of lugging around you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure did a lot! Boy am I jealous of all that storage space of yours. I'm currently 'storing' my excess HBA in my office, so DH doesn't complain about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Our extra room needs a big purge and so does my college ids, but it will need to wait for her winter break-if she stays put at school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just wow at the amount of products! That is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just reading about all that sorting and organizing and relocating makes me tired. Way to go!!! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I continue to admire your industry.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.