Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Grocery Store Trip to Weis....WTF?

I went to Weis(PMITA)Markets earlier today.
And all hell broke loose when I encountered the zombie cashier!
Seriously, did this woman have a brain cell or what?

Go check out the video HERE.
Once I get around to getting all the refunds they owe me I'll have a 44.21% savings rate on this particular shopping trip.

I just wish I didn't have to work so hard to get it right.....

Sluggy
 

10 comments:

  1. There is one cashier at our local Albertsons that I won't go to. She is SLOW and argues about everything. Ground turkey, yuck, how do you disguise it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blend the turkey with ground beef and make meatloaf or meatballs. You still get the taste/mouth feel of the beef with less fat.

      Delete
  2. I do search for experienced cashiers. They have to have a few brain cells! One day, I had six mistakes on my receipt! One of the mistakes I did not see for three days. It seems like I have to go over the receipt with a fine-toothed comb these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped off at a farmers market yesterday to buy just one tomato (I usually get mine at Aldi but I forgot and DH wanted a tomato for his lunch sandwich). Anyway, the cashier rang up the lady ahead of me and her total came to $27. By the time the cashier took her charge card and ran it through the machine, the cashier forgot the total and had to ring it all up again. OMG. When she calculated what my tomato and a peach cost, it was $2.40. I gave her a five dollar bill and forty cents. She had absolutely no idea how to give me change. It was unbelievable. I told her I get $3.00 bucks back. She hesitated. Kept asking me how much money I gave her. Either the woman had dementia (she was elderly) and had no business working a job like that or she was just plain crazy. It was so, so sad. Apparently she needs the job to make extra money, I suppose. (remind me to double what I put in my savings account as I prepare for retirement!)
    UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jewel is the store that is miserable around here. They were about to go under because they charged so much and you really had to work the coupons just to get the prices down to where they should have been so it wasn't worth the trip. Their prices are lower now but the cashiers suck still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pain in the ass, almost worth calling the manager over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have found that whenever I have more than a few coupons, the cashiers seem overwhelmed and unable to give me the right discounts. Maybe they are trained to overlook them after it really starts to get the bill down. I also usually have to point out when a package has a marked down price stamped on it, They usually let it go through the computer system at the original price. This happens at all stores, not just one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, in defense of cashiers. I haven't worked on a register in over 30 years and I've been training to be a school cafeteria cashier for the last couple of weeks. They told me that 90% of it is repetitive. It's the other 10% I have to worry about. Yesterday it was ALL the 10% stuff coming at me and I got flustered at one point and froze up. Someone came to my rescue and got me going again. I'm still dwelling on it. There's a lot to know working in a supermarket. Coupons, rainchecks, food stamps, checks, etc. You don't really learn it all until you actually do it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, but why did she have to get all her mistakes for the daily out on me? lolz

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.