Tuesday, September 1, 2015

2015 Food & Toiletries Spending.....August Update


Onward to August's food spending report.......



Here are my FOOD BUDGET spending totals for AUGUST 2015.

I have posted August's totals on the Total Grocery Savings for 2015 Page located HERE and have updated the Yearly Totals there.  I am listing subtotals for each store I purchased from in August.  If you aren't interested in that much detail, just skip to the bottom for the Totals Sum.  My spending includes Food, Toiletries/HBA, Cleaning Products, Paper Goods & tax where applicable. We are a family of 3(2-3 at home this month). No kids under 19. 
Remember too that youngest son's friend often stays over at our house during the school break and eats here sometimes so I was feeding an additional person sporadically in August.

******************
BAKERY OUTLET
OOP  $3.75
Value  $15.36
Savings  75.58%

FOOD LION
OOP  $35.72
Qs/Ads  $17.03
Value  $52.75
Savings  32.28%

MAINE SOURCE
OOP  $81.09
Value $143.19
Savings  43.37%

PRODUCE STAND
OOP  $26.00
Value  $34.00
Savings  23.52%

RITE-AID
OOP  $0.00
Qs/Ads/gift card $104.95
Value  $104.95
Savings  100%
 
SAM'S CLUB
OOP  $187.01
Value  $580.33
Savings  67.77%
 
WEIS MARKETS
OOP  $136.39
Qs/Ads  $241.70
Value  $378.09
Savings  63.93%
 

*********************
My best 3 Store Savings Totals were Rite-Aid at 100%, the Bakery Outlet at 75.58% and Sam's Club at 67.77%.  My WORST savings rate was the Produce Stand at 23.52%(but what I got was the freshest).

I shopped at 7 different places this past month.   Lots of single transactions at lots of stores, 2 transactions at Maine Source and Sam's Club and 7 transactions at Weis Markets.

TOTAL Out of Pocket........ $469.96
TOTAL Coupons & Store Sales Savings...$838.72
TOTAL Value of Items Purchased............$1308.68
TOTAL Savings of...................................64.09%
TOTAL Savings without Rite-Aid...........60.96%

This closes out the August food/toiletries spending.

THOUGHTS & COMMENTS for this month.....
I went into August wanting to do a $350 food budget for the month and I overshot that goal by $119.96.

The monthly savings percentage went up by 16.08% in August to 64.96% compared to July's 48.88% average.

The savings rate for the whole year so far now stands at 59.09%.  That's a .97 increase in savings over July's YTD total(58.12%).  It's still hanging in well over a 40% savings rate for the year so it's all good. 

I have spent a total of $3273.52 on food/toiletries in 2015 so far at this point in the year. That averages out to $409.19 per month so just over $400 average per month.  Not a bad thing but I can do better.

A little overspending on the grocery budget in August meant a slight increase in the monthly averge so far for this year.  Let's see if I can bring it back down under $400 avg. per month for September.

LOOKING AHEAD To SEPTEMBER.........

We'll try for a $350 food budget for SEPTEMBER since it's just Hubs and I at home now.  We have the potential for 2 separate visits from friends/family in September(not sure yet how the month will shape up)so there could be some extra food spending.  I am not going to sweat it however.  If I go over some I'll try to cut back in October.  It's not like I don't have the money for a little extra, right?  8-)
 
If you have other ideas or guidelines you follow please leave a comment and share yours with us all.
 
*  How much did you spend on food/toiletries in August?
*  Do you track your yearly food spending?
*  What was your savings percentage buying on sale and/or with coupons vs. buying at regular retail price last month, if you track that sort of thing?
 

Sluggy

1 comment:

  1. Veggie stands are the best and so worth spending the money on. Next year I am going to try growing more than just tomatoes and jalapenos (bumper crop this year on both) to try and get my costs down. I was way over but for many reasons and I am going to try and be a bit under for September to try and be more on target for year end. Today I am off to buy a bunch of produce - spend $20 on produce and get $6 back in points off. I've never seen that deal before so am taking full advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.