Monday, October 20, 2014

This Week on the Dining Table


The "I Wish I was Still at the Shore" Edition---

 
Ok, so this isn't a picture of the beach.
It's a photo of one aisle of a MASSIVE liquor store we hit on the way down there.
It's part of our annual trip through DE to MD to stock up on booze and the beach.
Has it really been over a week since I was in this store?
sad face......

Onward to the meal planning!

What was planned last week--

1.  Eating Out
2.  Eating Out
3.  Eating Out
4.  Eating Out
5.  Chili
6.  Meatloaf, butternut squash(use my tomatoes in sauce for the meatloaf)
7.  Pork Chops, Red Cabbage w/Apples

 
And this is what actually happened for all 3 meals each day--

1.  Breakfast at home, Go Brit!, Ocean City Brewing $8 Sandwich Night
2.  Denny's, Coins Pub, Domino's in the room
3.  Eggs and Toast in the room, Abi's Diner, Evolution Brewing Public House
4.  Eggs and Toast in the room, leftovers in the room, JR's House of Ribs
5.  Eggs and Toast in the room, Touch of Italy, Leftovers from lunch at home
6.  Oatmeal, Leftovers, Meatloaf and Brussels Sprouts
7.  Pumpkin Pancakes, Tossed Salad and JD Chicken Strips, TV dinners (blech)
  
The plan was kept to pretty much.  Who wouldn't when most days it was Eating Out?! lolz

When we went grocery shopping on Saturday Weis had Hungry Man TV dinners for $1.87 each.  I didn't feel like cooking that night so we bought a couple and had them for dinner.
Even at the bargain basement price of $1.87 it was sad. lolz
I was reminded why I don't buy/eat TV dinners hardly ever.
    
Last week I made trips to 2 different markets down in MD and 2 trips to the grocery stores on Saturday back at home and spent $112.62 on $170.17 worth of groceries and did 2 transactions at Rite-Aid where I spent .94¢ total there for the week.
$2268.46 down(including Rite-Aid spending)and $31.54 left in my October food budget with 11 days left in the month.

Going into this week, in leftovers we have.........chili, corn casserole and half of a small meatloaf I baked off before we went to OC, plus a container of that Marsala sauce.

Here is the plan for this week.........

1.  Grilled Salmon, Butternut Squash & Apples
2.  Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms, leftover Corn Casserole
3.  Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Rice
4.  Hot Dogs on Rolls with Chili or Chili over a Baked Potato, Collard Greens
5.  Grilled Meatloaf leftover, leftover sides
6.  Broccoli Soup, Homemade Bread
7.  Spaghetti, Meatballs and Sauce, leftover sides or Tossed Salad

Food Waste--a couple of brownies.  Yes, we let sweets go bad. Amazing I know! lolz

What I need to buy this week.......mushrooms and salad greens.

There are also a few items on special this week I want to pick up--salt, frozen veggies, canned pumpkin, cider, sugar, egg noodles and 1/2 & 1/2.  Maybe ground beef since it's on special for $2.99.
I already picked up facial tissues and Gatorade during the weekend on sale so I don't need those this week.

If I get all this I'll use up the rest of my $300 food allotment for October with a few more days left in the month.
I might be able to squeak out not grocery shopping until November 1st anyway.
   
What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?
Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten that week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?
How much did you spend on food so far in October?
 

Sluggy

5 comments:

  1. Eating out everyday sounds good to me! I'm all in!
    I'm really trying to get the bills even lower if nothing else it makes for a good blog post when I fail. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating out is nice, but the food is so bad most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week I started the Whole30 food plan, so my meals are really being planned because this requires a boatload of cooking and I don't want to be cooking boatloads daily. Since I "get to" drink water with my meals my best score was on limes ( I can add a slice to each glass i drink) They were a dime each at the grocery. The rest of the Whole 30 is not inexpensive. Yikes! I guess the only way to conserve money is to consume everything purchased..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might you publish that Butternut Squash and Apples recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link to the recipe I used.....
      http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/baked-butternut-squash-with-apples/5046f2a4-ef13-4874-84ce-6f7f9f8b9fa3

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.