Thursday, October 23, 2014

My 1 Trip to Rite-Aid This Week

Yes, you only have to suffer through 1 transaction at Rite-Aid this week......aren't you glad? ;-)


2 x Tresemme 'Poo on sale=$8.00
2 x Simple facial Cleaners on sale=$9.98
SubTotal......$17.98

Coupons Used
2 x $2/1 Tresemme item IPQ(NLA)=$4.00*
2 x $2/1 Simple item ManuQ(9/28 insert-I think)=$4.00
Coupon Total.....$8.00

$17.98-$8=$9.98

I used $9 in +Up Rewards and paid .98¢ OOP.
I received back $7 in +Up Rewards($3 wyv2 Tresemme, 2 x $2 Simple).

I am down to $8+Ups at this point.  I have $1 +Ups that has to be spent/rolled by Nov. 1st and the rest by Nov. 5th.

* It's important to get the most out of playing the drugstore game by knowing what the sales will be ahead of time AND to print coupons when available.
Take this $2/1 Tresemme Q that was available at coupons dotcom.  Some coupons, coupons for products that don't get offered much and any high value coupon($2 or more)go fast on sites.  There are a limited number of coupon prints offered and when they run out, that is it.  I knew this Tresemme Q would go fast, so as soon as I saw it I printed it(most Qs you are allowed to print it twice).  Unfortunately, I didn't hop on Hubs computer and print it again then and by the time I got back from vacation it was long gone.  If you waited until you got the ad for Rite-Aid this week it was too late to take advantage of that coupon for the sale.
I follow "I 'heart' Rite-Aid to see sales ads in advance.  They are also published at places like Slick Deals and some of the Couponing sites.  Just check around online.

I would have done even better if I still had the $5/2 Tresemme ManuQs but I used them already.
I would have only spent down $1 of +Ups in this transaction, using $8 in +Ups to pay and getting back $7 in +Ups.

Sluggy

 

2 comments:

  1. What methods can be used to order coupons? Only Paypal? Check by mail?--my choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what you mean as I wasn't talking about buying coupons.
      There are sites only and eBay where you can purchase coupons. It depends on the terms these sellers set.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.