Thursday, April 19, 2012

Some Comic Relief for a Thursday

Here's something to get your day off to a good start.  It's a gem of a number that most people probably have never heard of.

It's a song from that MGM musical "Royal Wedding", and it quite possibly has the longest song title in history.

It's called "How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Loved You, When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life".
By Burton Lane and Alan Jay Lerner.

A cute number courtesy of Ms. Jane Powell and Mr. Fred Astaire.

Enjoy!


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Love it! But then you know us Gays. We can't pass up a musical.
    Sluggy, you and I should remake this video. Wouldn't that be a hoot!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of that musical before! Now I need to check it out on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark--Well you know us sarcastic bitchy moms...can't pass one up either.
    But we could NEVER remake this video.....because I could NEVER convince you to wear those pants!lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. McVal--This number is not often shown, as Fred had 2 of his most popular dances in the film---the Dancing on the Ceiling and the Coat Rack Dance Number. Peter Lawford also co-starred.
    It's pretty much a formula 50's MGM film but these 3 numbers make it special. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and uplifting! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I married him! And, divorced him.

    I saw that movie in when it came out. And, it has been on tv so many times. However, I never tire of Astaire. I don't remember the gum, but tonight I wanted to make him spit it out!

    That was good. I needed something funny to happen tonight...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment. Though I moderate it's partly to keep spam out but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.