Monday, September 10, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "A Milestone for Ex-College Boy" Edition--



Ex-College Boy bought his first car last week.  He's been squirreling away most of his paychecks for the last 3+ months and finally had enough to buy a car.
Hubs ECB and I have been sharing my car the last 3 weeks, since Hubs car went into the shop for extensive work.  It's nice to be able to use my car again when I want. lol
ECB is very proud of his new-to-him "baby".


Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This  is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Fish, Coleslaw, French Fries
2. Monday--Steak, Corn, Deviled Eggs
3. Tuesday--Chicken Fajitas
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs(freezer), Salad, Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--Leftovers
6. Friday--BLTs
7. Saturday--Eggplant in Hoisin Sauce, Rice

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Fish, Coleslaw, French Fries
2. Monday--Steak, Corn
3. Tuesday--Chicken Fajitas
4. Wednesday--Spaghetti and Meatballs(freezer), Salad, Garlic Bread
5. Thursday--Roast Chicken, Squash Casserole
6. Friday--Leftovers
7. Saturday--BLT sandwiches

Last week saw 4-5 nights of home cooked dinners, 1-2 night of leftovers/fend for yourself/tv dinners, 1 night of Take-Out or Eating Out.  

Three trips to Weis and 1 trip to the Restaurant Supply brought the weekly food spending to $189.47 and the monthly total to $189.47.
I have 20 days left in my shopping month for September and have $210.53 left in the food budget.

My savings percentage last week was 49.37%(without Rite-Aid trips)and September's monthly savings grand total came to 49.37%.

Leftovers going into this week......chili, small piece of London Broil, squash casserole, small bit of Fajita filling, 2 ears of corn, a little bit of spaghetti and 1 meatball, roast chicken.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Chinese Eggplant dish, rice
2. Monday--Lasagna, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Corn Chowder and Bread
5. Thursday--Fettuccine Alfredo, Steak Tips, Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers or FFY
7. Saturday--Beer Can Chicken, Veggie TBD, Potato Salad

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.
If Hubs doesn't eat the London Broil I'll put it into the freezer or into the Fettuccine dish.

What needs buying for this menu?  Romaine, Milk, Lasagna Noodles(though I had some but don't).

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the car! Looks good. DH and I both have been craving spag and meatballs. I am so tired of hotel cooking that I think I am going to go on strike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a crockpot chicken that goes with things I have--corn on the cob, slaw, green beans, sandwich buns, tomatoes...lots of other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a proud moment. Was it the best $300.00 car money could buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...more like the best $5K car money could buy.

      Delete
  4. When I saw he had a car, I wished I had a car, too! I see it is a Nissan but what model?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I went car looking today. That means I drove around the lot and the salesman told me mileage, year, and price.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to your son! (And you too, because you got him where he is.)
    I love your meal planning posts. Thank you for them. I can't manage a week in advance meal plan at this stage in my life. Mine is 24 hours, and subject to change as the day unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I hear on subject to change....my "Plan" some weeks is a suggestion that may or many not happen.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to your son on his new car. Our best food find last week were eggs at Target for 49¢. I stocked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to ECB on his car. You should be very proud of him paying cash for that car.

    Great shopping and meal planning as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.