Wednesday, September 5, 2018

So Glad August is Done

It's with a glad heart that I welcome in September.



I'm not a person who goes crazy over all the fall apple/pumpkin stuff.  It's just that Summer weather has never been my favorite.  Growing up in the South, even as a child, I didn't care for the hot, sweaty weather that goes from April to October.  It's not much better up here in PA either this year with all this rain and long strings of days with high temps.  I am so done with it for the year!  Just another couple of days from what the folks versed in all things weather are saying, and we'll be heading into cooler temps.  Ahhhhhh

And this whole Summer has basically sucked as far as I am concerned since we have done NOTHING.  Eldest son came for a few days to visit in July but we have gone nowhere and done nothing......no trips, no day trips, nada!   We basically dog sat our daughter's dog 3 times in August while daughter was off galavanting the country from Austin to Boston to Alabama.
 The only respite from my boring days has been going out to lunch with Hubs.  We have seen an uptick in eating lunch out in August if you look at my Eating Out page.  That has been our financial "splurge" this Summer. 

Nothing fun outside of going to Rite-Aid and Weis.  Oh, the decadent life I lead.....lolz
It's a good thing I am not a high maintenance woman who can entertain herself easily(see-trips to Rite-Aid and Weis).   8-)))

September is going to be about enjoying the cooler weather and spending more time outside while I can.  We've got a couple of chores to do before the weather turns cold--putting the garden to bed, sealing the wood on the deck against Winter and moving the patio furniture back into the shed.
The house needs some deep cleaning too but I can do that on rainy days.

Onward to Fall!

Sluggy




7 comments:

  1. Like you, I do not get excited over pumpkin everything. But, I like it hot. The mosquitoes won't be missed when it does turn cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a corny pumpkin fall leave fool. I hear you though on summer heat-and I normally like the hot weather. You'll have to plan some mini outings next year at least-enough to keep life on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than the fact that Winter follows Fall, I love everything about this time of year. Living in a heavily wooded moutainous area, the changing colors are breathtaking. Hubs has been spending a fair amount of time in your state, and from what he tells me about the temps, I don't blame you for being eager for a change of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still warmish here, but the tropical storm brought in some rain and a little cooler temps. Yay!
    I am ready to have some fun. We figured other than a few long weekends in New York (visiting Son3) last spring and a trip to Portland for Pip's birthday we have not had a vacation in 4 years. Did I mention TheHub worked from the hotel business center during each of these excursions? I am not calling a working trip a vacation.
    I am not high maintenance either, but I am about at my limit of work taking precedence over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, You have done a fantastic job.
    I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great.
    I really like what you have bought here, really like what
    you're saying and the way during which you are saying
    it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to stay
    it smart. I cant wait to learn much more from you. That is really a terrific website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if you judged a person's life, (or summer), by how often they take trips, mine would be considered dull and boring. lol. I guess I'm weird because I like being home. Your veggie garden was a big success. I call that a win. And going out to lunch is nice and something not everyone is able to do very often. I'm not looking forward to cold weather at all. I definitely think I have acclimated to the heat here, but I will definitely be enjoying pumpkin spice flavored treats. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.