Monday, September 17, 2018

This Week on the Dining Table

The "Garden is Winding Down" Edition--


I took this photo of Hubs holding the last zucchini of the season when we picked it on Sept 7th.
And then the garden made a liar out of me this past weekend when Hubs found another one.......

LOLZ
Zucchini......what can I say, they are sneaky!!!  ;-)


Moving On....

Onward to the meal planning!

This  is what was planned--
1. Sunday--Chinese Eggplant dish, rice
2. Monday--Lasagna, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--Chicken and Dumplings
4. Wednesday--Leftovers or Corn Chowder and Bread
5. Thursday--Fettuccine Alfredo, Steak Tips, Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers or FFY
7. Saturday--Beer Can Chicken, Veggie TBD, Potato Salad

And this is what actually happened--
1. Sunday--Chinese Eggplant dish, rice
2. Monday--Lasagna, Caesar Salad
3. Tuesday--Leftovers
4. Wednesday--Hot Dogs on Rolls, Cuke and Tomato Salad, Baked Beans
5. Thursday--Fettuccine Alfredo and Steak Tips, Caesar Salad
6. Friday--Leftovers or FFY
7. Saturday--Beer Can Chicken, Grilled Corn on Cob, Potato Salad

Last week saw 5 nights of home cooked dinners, 2 night of leftovers/fend for yourself/tv dinners, 0 nights of Take-Out or Eating Out.  
Tuesday and Wednesday it heated up here again and was too hot for Chowder or Chicken and Dumplings so I punted and we had hot dogs, beans, salad one night and more leftovers the other night.
Hubs made the lasagna on Monday and daughter did the beer can chicken on the grill on Saturday which gave me a break from cooking.

Two trips to Weis(1 larger, 1 smallish), 1 trip to the Bread Outlet and 1 trip to Dollar General brought the weekly food spending to $97.74 and brought the monthly total to $287.21.
I have 13 days left in my shopping month for September and have $112.79 left in the food budget.

My savings percentage last week was 59.77%(without Rite-Aid trips)and September's monthly savings grand total came to 53.46%.

Leftovers going into this week......small bit of Fajita filling, 3 ears of corn, a helping of eggplant, extra rice, roast chicken, baked beans, fettuccine Alfredo, a bit of steak tips, lasagna, potato salad.  A little bit of lots of things.

Here is this week's "food plan".....

1. Sunday--Breakfast for Dinner
2. Monday--Leftovers or BLTs
3. Tuesday--Ravioli in Sauce w/Sausage, Salad
4. Wednesday--Tacos or Taco Salads
5. Thursday--Chowder, Bread
6. Friday--Pizza, Caesar Salad
7. Saturday--Leftovers

This week will see 5 new meals cooked, 2 nights of leftovers/FFY, 0 nights of Take-Out/Eating Out.

What needs buying for this menu? Can't think of a thing I need to make all this.  My grocery spending could use a break too. lolz

What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week? 


Sluggy

8 comments:

  1. Steak, potatoes, salad; bbq chicken sandwiches,slaw; chicken pasta salad, tomatoes; chicken marsala, beans; chicken, squash, okra, chicken, tomato, lettuce, cheese sandwich. Closer to meal planning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to exciting, but now with our older daughter at home, perhaps some vegetarian items will slip in more often than hubs might like. I posted here. http://newframereference.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-week-ahead-in-meals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are sneaky little buggers. If I lived close I would be sneaking them into your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a bushel of corn from a farm stand out east. It was $21 and so worth it. I have been processing corn all day. We will be eating great corn in the middle of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 more weeks for us in extended stay! Last night we had taco salad with meat I did in crockpot at our house Saturday and tonight we are having pizza I made while I had access to my oven. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm laughing at your sneaky zucchini. Your menus sound delicious. I'm taking a break from grocery spending too after this weekend. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you have the recipe for zucchini pie? OMG crazy good!! I will send it to you if you don't have it. I no longer fear zucchini!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't trust zucchini until the first hard frost and even then occasionally one will wander about.
    I am always impressed that your meal plans and actual meals are so similar. I plan on cooking a turkey and grill vegetables instead. No rhyme nor reason to my plan or lack thereof.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.