Monday, March 28, 2016

This Week on the Dining Table


It's the "Spring is Springing" Edition......


Over the last 4 days the Forsythia bush has budded and is blooming as of Sunday.  It's rainy and cold today and we are still getting nights in the 30's so I don't have high hopes that these blossoms will remain much longer.
I suppose this seems that yardwork for 2016 isn't far off. lolz

Onward to the meal planning!

Here's what was planned last week.......

1. Sunday--Leftovers
2. Monday--Subway Sandwiches
3. Tuesday--Leftover Corned Beef meal
4. Wednesday--Salmon, Asparagus, Noodles
5. Thursday---Spaghetti and Meatballs, Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread
6. Friday--Steak, Salad, leftover Asparagus
7. Saturday--Take-out?  Will be cooking for Sunday.


And this is what actually happened--

1. Sunday--Leftovers(Don't remember what)
2. Monday--Leftovers(I have Beef Bourguignon)
3. Tuesday--Leftover Corned Beef meal
4. Wednesday--Salmon, Asparagus, Noodles
5. Thursday---Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread
6. Friday--Marinated London Broil, Salad, Baked Potato
7. Saturday--Leftovers or Whatever you can make(Don't remember what)

6 meals cooked at home.
3 new meals and 4 nights of leftovers in some form or another.  We just had whatever on Saturday but we did go out to Eat for Lunch both Friday and Saturday.  Hubs was home both days from work and we ran errands both days so we splurged on eating out.


As for my grocery spending......Two trips last week and I spent $31.90 total.
Trip to Target added another $18.96.
I have spent $241.52 in all for March so far.
Between $9.48 and $59.48 of the potential $250-$300 March food budget left to spend with 4 days left in the month.

Leftovers going into this week...... 2-3 helpings of Spaghetti and Meatballs, a small piece of Steak.

We did have a bit of food waste this past week unfortunately.  Some hamburger rolls got moldy and had to be tossed.  If it's just a spot I'll remove it and still use them but a few were "eat up" with mold. bleh.


Here is this week's "food plan"--

1. Sunday--Baked Ham, Corn Casserole, Monte Carlo Veggie Blend, Deviled Eggs, Dinner Rolls
2. Monday--Subway Sandwiches(Iz tired of cooking!lol)
3. Tuesday--Leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs, Salad
4. Wednesday--Cod, Baked Potatoes, Corn on cob(freezer), Leftover Asparagus
5. Thursday---Chicken Thighs(some way), Veggies-maybe leftover Sunday veggies?
6. Friday--Pork Chops w/Apricot Glaze, Sugar Snap Peas
7. Saturday--Leftover Chicken Thighs(if we have any) or Fish, Potato Salad, Veggies of some kind

This week will see 4 new meals cooked and 2 meals of leftovers(re-purposed into new dishes or not) and 1 meal Out/Take-out.

What I need to buy for this menu?  Salad Greens is all.  I bought the chicken thighs and potatoes last week.  Hubs will use the leftover ham from Easter dinner this week for lunch sandwiches and I'll use the little steak to make a steak sammich for lunch 1 day.  I sent more ham and all the leftover corn casserole with BIL so I didn't eat it. lolz
No Eating out this week just Subway tonight using my points on my Loyalty card to get them for free. 8-)



What is getting fixed and served at your house this week?

Was last week's plan successful, did you go off plan or did you not even plan what was going to be eaten last week?

Any great deals on food at your stores this week?

Sluggy

3 comments:

  1. I'm still working on that grocery plan that you and I roughed out. It is helping. I'm only buying loss leaders and I'm trying to keep 7 easy meals on hand and then winging it when Den gets involved. So far so good. And thank you for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are living large off leftovers of all the fantastic meals from the last week of birthdays and big meals.... If I see any Colcannon dishes before next St. Patrick's day, I'll go mad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needs to be easy and quick thia week. Pasta snd leftovers snd probably takeout but April is for saving.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment.
All Anonymous commentors will be deleted.
Please include your name in your comment, or choose the 'Name' option and put your name or whatever you call yourself, in the box. Thank you.

Though I moderate it's partly to keep trolls at bay but also partly so that I read every comment. I don't often respond to comments so if you need me to answer you please write me at my email addy posted on my "About Me" page, linked on the side bar.